Table of Contents
The Washington Commanders (1-3) head into a matchup with the Tennessee Titans (2-2) on Sunday, October 9, 2022 at FedExField on a three-game losing streak.
The Titans are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), versus the Commanders. The over/under for this matchup is 42.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tennessee Titans vs. Washington Commanders
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Landover, Maryland
- Stadium: FedExField
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Titans
- The Titans have covered the spread twice in four opportunities this season.
- The Titans have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 2.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- Tennessee has hit the over in two of four games with a set total (50%).
Stats & Insights for Titans
- The Titans rank fourth-worst in total offense (287.5 yards per game), but they’ve played a little better on defense, ranking 26th with 392.3 yards allowed per contest.
- Offensively, the Titans rank 22nd in the NFL with 18.8 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 25th in points allowed (392.3 points allowed per contest).
- Despite having a bottom-five pass defense that ranks fifth-worst in the NFL (274 passing yards allowed per game), the Titans have played better offensively, ranking 26th in the NFL by averaging 185.3 passing yards per game.
- The Titans rank 20th in run offense (102.3 rushing yards per game) and 19th in run defense (118.3 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Defensively, the Titans have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fifth-best by allowing a 31.2% third-down percentage. They rank 18th on offense (37.8% third-down percentage).
- The Titans sport the 18th-ranked offense in terms of yards per play this season (5.5), and they’ve been worse on defense, ranking third-worst with 6.5 yards per play allowed.
- The Titans own the 15th-ranked turnover margin in the league at even, forcing six turnovers (12th in NFL) while turning it over six times (16th in NFL).
Titans’ Best Players
- Ryan Tannehill: 784 PASS YDS / 196 YPG / 66.3% / 5 TD / 3 INT
- Derrick Henry: 76 CAR / 306 YDS / 76.5 YPG / 3 TD / 8 REC / 91 YDS / 22.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Hassan Haskins: 9 CAR / 37 YDS / 9.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Robert Woods: 13 REC / 167 YDS / 41.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Treylon Burks: 10 REC / 129 YDS / 32.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Dontrell Hilliard: 8 REC / 109 YDS / 27.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Rashad Weaver: 8 TKL / 4 TFL / 4 SACK
- Roger McCreary: 30 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 PD
- Amani Hooker: 12 TKL / 1 INT / 2 PD
Betting Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders are 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Commanders are 0-2 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or greater this year.
- Out of theCommanders’ four games with a set total, two have hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders rank 23rd with 330.8 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 23rd with 371.8 total yards allowed per game on defense.
- The Commanders have been sputtering defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 26.8 points allowed per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, posting 18.3 points per contest (26th-ranked).
- The Commanders rank 18th in the NFL with 230.3 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 24th with 259.8 passing yards given up per contest on defense.
- In terms of rushing, the Commanders rank 21st in the NFL on offense (100.5 rushing yards per game) and 16th on defense (112 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Commanders’ defense has been excelling on third down, giving up a 30.9% third-down conversion rate (fourth-best). On offense, they rank seventh in the NFL with a 43.9% third-down rate.
- The Commanders rank third-worst in yards per play (5), but they’ve been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 23rd in the NFL with 6.2 yards surrendered per play.
- The Commanders have fared poorly in terms of turnovers, as their turnover margin of -6 is third-worst in the NFL.
Best Players for Commanders
- Carson Wentz: 1,031 PASS YDS / 257.8 YPG / 62.2% / 8 TD / 5 INT / 12 CAR / 62 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 53 CAR / 173 YDS / 43.3 YPG / 2 TD / 13 REC / 101 YDS / 25.3 YPG / 0 TD
- J.D. McKissic: 17 CAR / 65 YDS / 16.3 YPG / 0 TD / 19 REC / 122 YDS / 30.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 14 REC / 250 YDS / 62.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 26 REC / 219 YDS / 54.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Jahan Dotson: 12 REC / 152 YDS / 38 YPG / 4 TD
- Jamin Davis: 18 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK
- Cole Holcomb: 32 TKL / 1 PD
- Darrick Forrest: 21 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 3 PD