Table of Contents
Jose Abreu leads the Chicago White Sox (81-80) into a matchup with Luis Arraez and the Minnesota Twins (77-84) on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET at Guaranteed Rate Field. Abreu is hitting .304, the seventh-best batting average in the majors, for the favored White Sox (-138), and Arraez ranks fourth in MLB play with a .315 batting average this season for the underdog Twins (+117). Chicago’s Davis Martin gets the start against Minnesota’s Louie Varland.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Twins
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in MLB play with 149 total home runs .
- The White Sox are fourth in the majors with a .256 batting average.
- The White Sox rank 17th in the league with an on-base percentage of .311.
- The White Sox strike out 7.8 times per game, the seventh-best mark in baseball.
- The White Sox average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (77 total in home contests).
- The White Sox have a .384 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .251.
White Sox Key Batters
- Abreu has 183 hits and an OBP of .378 to go with a slugging percentage of .446. All three of those stats are best among Chicago hitters this season.
- Among qualified batters, Abreu ranks seventh in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks ninth, and he is 51st in slugging.
- Abreu has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .294 with three doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .250 with 32 doubles, 17 home runs and 39 walks.
- Andrus ranks 77th in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 82nd in slugging among qualified batters.
- Andrew Vaughn has 138 hits this season and has a slash line of .273/.323/.433.
- A.J. Pollock is batting .245 with a .292 OBP and 56 RBI for Chicago this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 176 homers this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- The Twins rank 12th in MLB with a .247 team batting average.
- The Twins are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .317.
- The Twins rank 12th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 80 road contests this season.
- In 80 road games this season, they’re slugging .388 with 223 hits going for extra bases.
- In 80 road games this season, they have a batting average of .240 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez has accumulated a team-best OBP (.372) and slugging percentage (.418).
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, Arraez’s batting average places him fourth, his on-base percentage ranks 12th, and he is 75th in slugging.
- Arraez brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .293 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa paces his team with 152 hits.
- Correa’s batting average is 20th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 17th, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Gio Urshela is batting .284 with 27 doubles, three triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks.
- Jose Miranda is batting .268 with 25 doubles, 15 home runs and 28 walks.
White Sox vs. Twins Probable Pitchers