Table of Contents
The Carolina Panthers (1-3) host the San Francisco 49ers (2-2) at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday, October 9, 2022.
The 49ers are the favorites (-6.5) in their game versus the Panthers, with the over/under being 39 points. (On the moneyline, the 49ers are -274 and the Panthers are +221.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for San Francisco 49ers vs. Carolina Panthers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers have covered the spread twice in four opportunities this season.
- When they have played as at least 6.5-point favorites this season, the 49ers are 1-1 against the spread.
- None of the 49ers’ four games with a set total this season have hit the over.
Stats & Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers sport the 24th-ranked offense this year (324.5 yards per game), and they’ve been even more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking best with just 234.5 yards allowed per game.
- The 49ers rank 27th in points scored this season (17.8 points per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 11.5 points allowed per game.
- The 49ers sport the 26th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (189.3 passing yards per game), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking second-best with just 161.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- On the defensive side of the ball, the 49ers have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking second-best by surrendering only 73.3 per game. They rank ninth on offense (135.3 rushing yards per game).
- The 49ers are putting up a 37% third-down conversion rate on offense (22nd in the NFL), and they rank sixth on the other side of the ball with a 32.7% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- This season, the 49ers are accumulating 5.6 yards per play on offense (16th in the league), while featuring the best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.3).
- With six forced turnovers (12th in NFL) against five turnovers committed (10th in NFL), the 49ers’ +1 turnover margin ranks eighth in the league.
49ers’ Best Players
- Jimmy Garoppolo: 604 PASS YDS / 151 YPG / 61% / 3 TD / 1 INT
- Jeff Wilson Jr.: 57 CAR / 255 YDS / 63.8 YPG / 1 TD / 7 REC / 58 YDS / 14.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Deebo Samuel: 19 CAR / 113 YDS / 28.3 YPG / 1 TD / 18 REC / 246 YDS / 61.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Brandon Aiyuk: 14 REC / 179 YDS / 44.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Jauan Jennings: 8 REC / 93 YDS / 23.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Nick Bosa: 14 TKL / 6 TFL / 6 SACK
- Dre Greenlaw: 38 TKL / 3 TFL
- Talanoa Hufanga: 25 TKL / 4 TFL / 2 INT / 4 PD
Betting Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers are 1-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Panthers have gone over in one of four games with a set total (25%).
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers’ offense has been bottom-five in total offense this season, putting up 262.3 total yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 18th with 346 total yards ceded per contest.
- With 19.5 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Panthers rank 17th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 13th, allowing 21.3 points per game.
- The Panthers’ passing game has been sputtering, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 166 passing yards per game. They have been more effective defensively, surrendering 212 passing yards per contest (12th-ranked).
- The Panthers are accumulating 96.3 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 134 rushing yards per contest (25th-ranked) on defense.
- The Panthers’ third-down offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, compiling a 25.5% third-down percentage, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 17th with a 39.1% third-down rate allowed.
- With 5.3 yards per play on offense, the Panthers rank 25th in the NFL. On defense they rank sixth, surrendering 5.1 yards per play.
- With four forced turnovers (21st in NFL) and six turnovers committed (16th in NFL) this season, the Panthers rank 24th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -2.
Best Players for Panthers
- Baker Mayfield: 747 PASS YDS / 186.8 YPG / 54.7% / 4 TD / 3 INT
- Christian McCaffrey: 58 CAR / 270 YDS / 67.5 YPG / 1 TD / 19 REC / 138 YDS / 34.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Robby Anderson: 12 REC / 174 YDS / 43.5 YPG / 1 TD
- D.J. Moore: 13 REC / 138 YDS / 34.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Brian Burns: 19 TKL / 5 TFL / 3 SACK
- Frankie Luvu: 32 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 INT / 2 PD
- Derrick Brown: 12 TKL / 1 INT / 4 PD