Table of Contents
Willson Contreras will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his Chicago Cubs (73-87) take on the Cincinnati Reds (61-99) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-111) over the Reds (-107). Javier Assad starts for Chicago while Cincinnati will counter with Luis Cessa.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 19th in baseball with 154 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- The Cubs’ .238 batting average ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 17th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .311.
- The Cubs strike out 8.9 times per game, the No. 24 average in baseball.
- The Cubs average 1.0 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (81 total in road outings).
- The Cubs are slugging .377 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .228.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with 155 hits and an OBP of .344, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .444.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Happ ranks 36th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage, and 54th in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .280 with 22 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Hoerner’s batting average ranks him 27th, his on-base percentage 68th, and his slugging percentage 85th.
- Contreras is batting .240 with a .458 slugging percentage and 54 RBI this year.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .267 with a .340 OBP and 46 RBI for Chicago this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit 155 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Reds’ .235 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .303 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Reds rank 23rd in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 88 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 79 home contests this season.
- In 79 home games this season, they’re slugging .399 with 213 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.1 base hits per game and batting .247 as a team at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has accumulated a team-best OBP (.312) and slugging percentage (.385), while leading the Reds in hits (131).
- Including all qualifying players, Farmer ranks 71st in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 94th and he is 107th in slugging.
- Jonathan India is batting .247 with 16 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 31 walks.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .255 with nine doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
- Donovan Solano has 15 doubles, four home runs and 19 walks while hitting .288.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers