Table of Contents
The New York Mets host the San Diego Padres to begin the NL Wild Card Series on Friday 8:07 PM ET at Citi Field. Max Scherzer gets the starting nod for New York, and Yu Darvish is San Diego’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Padres
- Game Day: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Game Time: 8:07 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 15th in MLB play with 171 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Mets’ .259 batting average is second-best in the majors.
- The Mets’ .332 on-base percentage ranks second-best in the league.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game, the third-best average in baseball.
- The Mets have hit 81 home runs at home this season (1.0 per game).
- The Mets are slugging .399 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .253.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 162 hits, which ranks first among New York hitters this season, while batting .271 with 66 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Alonso’s batting average ranks 40th, his on-base percentage ranks 30th, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Alonso has recorded at least one hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .400 with four walks.
- Francisco Lindor has 25 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 59 walks while batting .270.
- Among all qualified hitters, Lindor ranks 43rd in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage.
- Lindor heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 159 hits this season and has a slash line of .274/.367/.433.
- Nimmo has picked up a hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .500 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a slash line of .326/.382/.454 this season and a team-best OPS of .836.
- McNeil heads into this game on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last nine outings he is hitting .447 with a double, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres’ 153 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Padres’ .241 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- The Padres have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Padres have shown patience at the plate this season with the ninth-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.2) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 76 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 81 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .399 in away games this season with 257 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .251 with 8.8 base hits per contest.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has accumulated 172 hits with a .531 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Padres.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Machado’s batting average ranks 11th, his on-base percentage is 18th, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Machado brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Juan Soto paces his team with a .401 OBP.
- Including all qualified hitters, Soto’s batting average places him 90th, his on-base percentage ranks fifth, and he is 46th in slugging.
- Josh Bell is batting .266 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 81 walks.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .240 with 31 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 70 walks.
Mets vs. Padres Probable Pitchers