Table of Contents
The UConn Huskies (2-4) will visit the Ball State Cardinals (3-3) on Saturday at 2:00 PM ET.
The Cardinals are expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -9.5) against the Huskies. The over/under for this matchup is 47 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Ball State vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN3
- Location: Muncie, Indiana
- Stadium: Scheumann Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Ball State Betting Insights
- UConn’s ATS record is 5-2-0 this season.
- UConn is a 3-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this year.
- Two of UConn’s seven games with a set total have hit the over (28.6%).
Ball State Stats & Insights
- Ball State ranks 64th in total offense (415.3 yards per game) and 104th in total defense (416.8 yards allowed per game) this year.
- Ball State is averaging 25.8 points per game on offense, which ranks them 90th in the FBS. On defense, the defense ranks 100th, giving up 30.7 points per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, Ball State ranks 38th in the FBS with 273.3 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 67th in passing yards allowed per contest (227.2).
- Ball State sports the 82nd-ranked rushing offense this year (142.0 rushing yards per game), and has been worse defensively, ranking 16th-worst with 189.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Ball State ranks 100th in the FBS with a 34.4% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 54th in third-down conversion rate allowed (189.7).
- Ball State has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football at even, forcing 10 turnovers (30th in the FBS) while turning it over 10 times (94th in the FBS).
Ball State’s Best Players
- John Paddock has racked up 1,640 yards (273.3 ypg) on 165-of-259 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Carson Steele has carried the ball 137 times for a team-high 645 yards on the ground and has found the end zone five times.
- Vaughn Pemberton has been handed the ball 20 times this year and racked up 84 yards (14.0 per game).
- Jayshon Jackson’s 496 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 72 times and has collected 42 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Yo’Heinz Tyler has hauled in 35 receptions totaling 323 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Tanner Koziol has compiled 21 catches for 227 yards, an average of 37.8 yards per game. He’s scored five times as a receiver this season.
- Tavion Woodard has racked up 2.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 2.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Ball State’s tackle leader, Jaquan Amos, has 31 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one interception this year.
- Nic Jones has a team-high two interceptions to go along with two passes defended.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn is 5-2-0 against the spread this year.
- UConn is a 3-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this season.
- UConn hase gone over in two of seven games with a set total (28.6%).
UConn Stats & Insights
- UConn has not been getting things done on offense, ranking seventh-worst with 265.8 total yards per game. It has been more productive defensively, giving up 398.8 total yards per contest (88th-ranked).
- UConn has struggled on both sides of the ball this season, ranking sixth-worst in points (15.2 per game) and 21st-worst in points surrendered (32.7 per game).
- UConn ranks fourth-worst in passing yards per game (98.2), but it has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 94th in the FBS with 251.2 passing yards ceded per contest.
- UConn ranks 54th in the FBS with 167.7 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 77th with 147.7 rushing yards ceded per game on defense.
- UConn ranks 61st in third-down conversion rate (40.4%) on offense, but it has been less effective defensively, ranking 12th-worst in the FBS with a 47.2% third-down percentage allowed.
- UConn owns a -4 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Zion Turner has recored 661 passing yards, or 94.4 per game, so far this season. He has completed 57.6% of his passes and has recorded five touchdowns with three interceptions. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 14.1 rushing yards per game.
- Nathan Carter is his team’s leading rusher with 65 carries for 405 yards, or 57.9 per game. He’s found the end zone one time on the ground, as well.
- DeVontae Houston has racked up 52 carries and totaled 350 yards with two touchdowns.
- Aaron Turner paces his squad with 219 receiving yards on 23 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Kevens Clercius has racked up 148 receiving yards (21.1 yards per game) on 10 receptions.
- Justin Joly’s nine receptions (on 12 targets) have netted him 97 yards (13.9 ypg).
- Eric Watts has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- UConn’s tackle leader, Jackson Mitchell, has 48 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two sacks this year.
- Tre Wortham has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has 12 tackles and four passes defended to his name.