Table of Contents
Star running back Mohamed Ibrahim and the Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-1) face the Illinois Fighting Illini (4-1) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET at Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL).
The Golden Gophers are the favorites (-6.5) in their game versus the Fighting Illini, with the over/under being 38.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Golden Gophers are -267 and the Fighting Illini are +207.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Minnesota vs. Illinois
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: Champaign, Illinois
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL)
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Minnesota Betting Insights
- Illinois has a 4-2-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games it has played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year, Illinois is 1-0 against the spread.
- Illinois hase gone over in two of six games with a set total (33.3%).
Minnesota Stats & Insights
- Minnesota has been a handful for opposing teams, ranking top-25 in both total offense (13th-best with 495.2 yards per game) and total defense (second-best with 222.0 yards allowed per game) this year.
- Minnesota has been finding success on both offense and defense, ranking 21st-best in scoring offense (38.6 points per game) and second-best in scoring defense (8.8 points allowed per game).
- Minnesota ranks 64th in passing yards this season (250.2 per game), but has been shining on defense, ranking second-best in the FBS with 140.6 passing yards allowed per game.
- Minnesota has been clicking on all fronts in the running game this year, ranking sixth-best in rushing offense (245.0 rushing yards per game) and fifth-best in rushing defense (81.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Minnesota has been finding success on both sides of the ball in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking best in third-down percentage (70.3%) and best in third-down conversion rate allowed (17.9%).
- Minnesota has forced nine total turnovers (43rd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over six times (38th in the FBS) for +3a turnover margin of +3, 37th-ranked in college football.
Minnesota’s Best Players
- Tanner Morgan has thrown for 1,143 yards (228.6 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 70.5% of his passes and tossing seven touchdown passes compared to four interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 51 rushing yards on 18 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Ibrahim has 567 rushing yards on 89 carries with eight touchdowns.
- Treyson Potts has piled up 304 yards on 62 attempts, scoring three times.
- Mike Brown-Stephens’ leads his squad with 233 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 15 catches (out of 21 targets).
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has put together a 220-yard season so far with one touchdown, hauling in 14 passes on 22 targets.
- Chris Autman-Bell has been the target of 15 passes and racked up 11 grabs for 214 yards, an average of 42.8 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- Danny Striggow has racked up 3.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL, eight tackles, and one interception.
- Mariano Sori-Marin is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s totaled 31 tackles and 3.0 TFL.
- Jordan Howden leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting 12 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
Illinois Betting Insights
- So far this year, Illinois has compiled a 4-2-0 record against the spread.
- Illinois is a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Two of Illinois’ six games with a set total have hit the over (33.3%).
Illinois Stats & Insights
- Illinois’ defensive unit has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks third-best in the FBS with 229.2 total yards ceded per contest. In terms of offense, it is accumulating 425.0 total yards per game, which ranks 57th.
- Illinois’ defense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks best in the FBS with 8.4 points allowed per game. In terms of offense, it is accumulating 29.4 points per game, which ranks 78th.
- Illinois’ pass defense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks eighth-best in the FBS with 159.0 passing yards surrendered per game. In terms of offense, it is generating 229.4 passing yards per game, which ranks 83rd.
- Illinois’ run defense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks second-best in the FBS with 70.2 rushing yards allowed per game. In terms of offense, it is accumulating 195.6 rushing yards per game, which ranks 30th.
- Illinois’ defense has been keeping opposing offenses in check on third down, giving up a 26.7% third-down conversion percentage (eighth-best). Offensively, it ranks 58th in the FBS with a 41.3% third-down rate.
- After forcing 12 turnovers (12th in the FBS) and turning the ball over eight times (62nd in the FBS) this season, Illinois owns the 26th-ranked turnover margin of +4.
Illinois’ Best Players
- Tommy DeVito has thrown for 1,160 yards (193.3 yards per game) while completing 68.7% of his passes and collecting nine touchdown passes with two interceptions this season.
- Chase Brown is his team’s leading rusher with 151 carries for 879 yards, or 146.5 per game. He’s found the end zone four times on the ground, as well.
- Reggie Love III has run for 153 yards across 30 carries, scoring one touchdown.
- Pat Bryant’s 310 receiving yards (51.7 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 17 catches on 28 targets with two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Williams has 38 receptions (on 50 targets) for a total of 284 yards (47.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Brian Hightower’s 22 catches (on 28 targets) have netted him 247 yards (41.2 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Seth Coleman has 4.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Illinois’ leading tackler, Jartavius Martin, has 26 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Kendall Smith has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has seven tackles and three passes defended to his name.