Table of Contents
The Washington Commanders (1-4) visit the Chicago Bears (2-3) on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at Soldier Field and will aim to stop a four-game losing streak.
The Commanders are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+1), against the Bears (with an over/under of 38 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Chicago Bears vs. Washington Commanders
- Game Day: Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Soldier Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Bears
- The Bears have covered the spread twice in five opportunities this season.
- The Bears are winless against the spread (0-0-1) when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- Out of the Bears’ five games with a set total, two have hit the over (40%).
Stats & Insights for Bears
- The Bears have been a bottom-five offense this season, ranking second-worst with 274 yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 22nd in the NFL (367.2 yards allowed per game).
- The Bears are totaling 17.2 points per game on offense (27th in NFL), and they rank 15th defensively with 21.2 points allowed per game.
- The Bears have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking worst with 116.6 passing yards per contest. Defensively, they are ranked ninth in the NFL (197.2 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Bears own the fifth-best offense this season in terms of rushing yards (157.4 rushing yards per game), but they rank second-worst on defense (170 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Bears rank fifth-worst in third-down percentage (35%) and worst in third-down percentage allowed (50.7%) this season.
- The Bears rank 20th in offensive yards per play (5.5) and 17th in yards per play allowed (5.8) this year.
- With eight forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) against eight turnovers committed (22nd in NFL), the Bears’ even turnover margin ranks 17th in the NFL.
Bears’ Best Players
- Justin Fields: 679 PASS YDS / 135.8 YPG / 55.7% / 3 TD / 4 INT / 42 CAR / 194 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Khalil Herbert: 56 CAR / 328 YDS / 65.6 YPG / 3 TD / 5 REC / 37 YDS / 7.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Darnell Mooney: 10 REC / 173 YDS / 34.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Equanimeous St. Brown: 6 REC / 110 YDS / 22 YPG / 1 TD
- Cole Kmet: 9 REC / 101 YDS / 20.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Trevis Gipson: 11 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 PD
- Roquan Smith: 54 TKL / 2 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
- Eddie Jackson: 39 TKL / 1 TFL / 3 INT / 3 PD
Betting Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders have covered the spread once in five opportunities this season.
- The Commanders have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 1 point or more this year (0-2).
- Two of the Commanders’ five games with a set total have hit the over (40%).
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- In terms of total offense, the Commanders rank 19th in the NFL (341.6 total yards per game) and 17th on the other side of the ball (345.6 total yards allowed per contest).
- From an offensive perspective, the Commanders are putting up 18 points per contest (26th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (25.6 points allowed per game).
- With 252.6 passing yards per game on offense, the Commanders rank 10th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 19th, allowing 235 passing yards per game.
- The Commanders’ running game has been sputtering, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 89 rushing yards per game. They have been more productive on defense, surrendering 110.6 rushing yards per contest (14th-ranked).
- The Commanders rank 20th in the NFL with a 38.2% third-down conversion rate, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks fifth-best by giving up a 30.4% third-down rate.
- The Commanders rank 23rd in the NFL with 5.3 yards per play on offense, and they rank 19th with 5.9 yards given up per play on defense.
- The Commanders have struggled in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of -7 is second-worst in the NFL.
Best Players for Commanders
- Carson Wentz: 1,390 PASS YDS / 278 YPG / 62.9% / 10 TD / 6 INT / 17 CAR / 77 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 56 CAR / 179 YDS / 35.8 YPG / 2 TD / 16 REC / 134 YDS / 26.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 19 REC / 326 YDS / 65.2 YPG / 1 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 32 REC / 281 YDS / 56.2 YPG / 2 TD
- J.D. McKissic: 24 REC / 159 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Jamin Davis: 23 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK
- Cole Holcomb: 47 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 PD
- Darrick Forrest: 23 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 3 PD