Table of Contents
The Indianapolis Colts (2-2-1) host an AFC South battle against the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-3) on Sunday, October 16, 2022 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The Jaguars are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2), versus the Colts (with an over/under of 42 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Colts
- The Colts are 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Colts have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 2 points or more this season (0-3).
- None of the Colts’ five games with a set total this season have hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts are putting up 333 yards per game on offense (24th in NFL), and they rank eighth defensively with 312.6 yards allowed per game.
- While the Colts’ defense ranks 10th with 18.8 points allowed per game, they’ve been slightly worse on offense, ranking worst (13.8 points per game).
- The Colts are putting up 241.6 passing yards per game on offense this season (15th in NFL), and they are giving up 216 passing yards per game (16th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- On defense, the Colts have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fourth-best by giving up just 96.6 per game. They rank 26th on offense (91.4 rushing yards per game).
- The Colts are averaging a 36.2% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 24th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank eighth, surrendering a 31.3% third-down percentage.
- This season, the Colts are gaining 5.3 yards per play on offense (23rd in the league), while sporting the third-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (5.1).
- The Colts have the third-worst turnover margin in the league at -6, forcing five turnovers (23rd in NFL) while turning it over 11 times (30th in NFL).
Colts’ Best Players
- Matt Ryan: 1,376 PASS YDS / 275.2 YPG / 65.6% / 5 TD / 7 INT
- Jonathan Taylor: 81 CAR / 328 YDS / 65.6 YPG / 1 TD / 9 REC / 44 YDS / 8.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Deon Jackson: 15 CAR / 59 YDS / 11.8 YPG / 0 TD / 4 REC / 29 YDS / 5.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 25 REC / 283 YDS / 56.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Alec Pierce: 15 REC / 222 YDS / 44.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Ashton Dulin: 12 REC / 168 YDS / 33.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Kwity Paye: 16 TKL / 5 TFL / 3 SACK
- Zaire Franklin: 54 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 PD
- Stephon Gilmore: 19 TKL / 1 INT / 4 PD
Betting Insights for Jaguars
- The Jaguars are 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Jaguars have a 2-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 2 points or more this season.
- The Jaguars have gone over in three of their five games with a set total (60%).
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- With 353.6 total yards per game on offense, the Jaguars rank 13th in the NFL in 2022. Defensively, they rank ninth, allowing 313.8 total yards per game.
- The Jaguars rank 15th in the NFL with 22.2 points per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks fourth-best by allowing just 16 points per contest.
- With 238.2 passing yards per game on offense, the Jaguars rank 16th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 14th, allowing 215.6 passing yards per contest.
- The Jaguars rank 16th in the NFL with 115.4 rushing yards per game on offense, and they rank sixth with 98.2 rushing yards ceded per contest on defense.
- With a 39.7% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Jaguars rank 13th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 15th, giving up a 37.7% third-down rate.
- With 5.6 yards per play on offense, the Jaguars rank 18th in the NFL. On defense they rank eighth, surrendering 5.3 yards per play.
- With nine forced turnovers (fifth in NFL) and eight turnovers committed (22nd in NFL) this season, the Jaguars rank ninth in the NFL with a turnover margin of +1.
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 1,232 PASS YDS / 246.4 YPG / 62.4% / 8 TD / 4 INT / 14 CAR / 58 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- James Robinson: 69 CAR / 286 YDS / 57.2 YPG / 3 TD / 8 REC / 45 YDS / 9 YPG / 1 TD
- Travis Etienne: 44 CAR / 215 YDS / 43 YPG / 0 TD / 11 REC / 124 YDS / 24.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 21 REC / 338 YDS / 67.6 YPG / 3 TD
- Marvin Jones Jr.: 18 REC / 208 YDS / 41.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Zay Jones: 22 REC / 185 YDS / 37 YPG / 1 TD
- Josh Allen: 16 TKL / 5 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- Devin Lloyd: 49 TKL / 2 INT / 6 PD
- Andre Cisco: 20 TKL / 2 INT / 2 PD