Table of Contents
The New England Patriots (2-3) visit the Cleveland Browns (2-3) at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday, October 16, 2022.
The Patriots are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), versus the Browns (with an over/under of 42.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cleveland Browns vs. New England Patriots
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: FirstEnergy Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Browns
- The Browns are 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Browns have a 1-1 record against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in four of the Browns’ five games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Browns
- On offense, the Browns have been a top-five unit, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by totaling 396.4 yards per game. They rank 19th on defense (353.8 yards allowed per game).
- On offense, the Browns rank sixth in the NFL with 26.6 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 24th in points allowed (353.8 points allowed per contest).
- The Browns are putting up 204 passing yards per game on offense this season (24th in NFL), and they are surrendering 215.6 passing yards per game (14th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Browns have struggled defensively against the run, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL (138.2 rushing yards allowed per game) this season. However, they rank best on offense, averaging 192.4 rushing yards per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Browns have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by putting up a 44.3% third-down conversion rate. They rank 12th on defense (35.2% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- This season, the Browns are gaining 5.8 yards per play (13th in the league), while surrendering 6.2 per play on the defensive side of the ball (25th in the NFL).
- With four forced turnovers (26th in NFL) against four turnovers committed (fourth in NFL), the Browns’ even turnover margin ranks 17th in the league.
Browns’ Best Players
- Jacoby Brissett: 1,060 PASS YDS / 212 YPG / 64% / 5 TD / 3 INT / 21 CAR / 112 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Nick Chubb: 98 CAR / 593 YDS / 118.6 YPG / 7 TD / 6 REC / 37 YDS / 7.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Kareem Hunt: 57 CAR / 247 YDS / 49.4 YPG / 2 TD / 14 REC / 83 YDS / 16.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Amari Cooper: 27 REC / 304 YDS / 60.8 YPG / 3 TD
- David Njoku: 24 REC / 289 YDS / 57.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Donovan Peoples-Jones: 16 REC / 191 YDS / 38.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Myles Garrett: 9 TKL / 4 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- John Johnson: 29 TKL / 1 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 2 PD
- Denzel Ward: 20 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Patriots
- The Patriots have covered the spread twice in five opportunities this year.
- The Patriots are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- Two of the Patriots’ five games with a set total have hit the over (40%).
Stats & Insights for Patriots
- In terms of total offense, the Patriots rank 17th in the NFL (345.8 total yards per game) and 15th on defense (339.8 total yards allowed per game).
- In terms of points scored the Patriots rank 19th in the NFL (20.6 points per game), and they are 12th on the other side of the ball (19.6 points allowed per contest).
- In terms of passing, the Patriots rank 21st in the NFL (207.8 passing yards per game) and 11th on defense (211 passing yards allowed per contest).
- The Patriots are posting 138 rushing yards per game on offense this season (ninth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 128.8 rushing yards per contest (22nd-ranked) on defense.
- From an offensive angle, the Patriots are putting up a 38.2% third-down conversion rate (20th-ranked). They rank 23rd in the NFL on the other side of the ball (43.9% third-down rate allowed).
- The Patriots rank seventh in the NFL with 6.1 yards per play on offense, and they rank 13th with 5.7 yards given up per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- At -2, the Patriots sport the 23rd-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with eight forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) and 10 turnovers committed (29th in NFL).
Best Players for Patriots
- Mac Jones: 786 PASS YDS / 157.2 YPG / 66% / 2 TD / 5 INT
- Rhamondre Stevenson: 68 CAR / 372 YDS / 74.4 YPG / 1 TD / 13 REC / 71 YDS / 14.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Damien Harris: 57 CAR / 257 YDS / 51.4 YPG / 3 TD / 8 REC / 30 YDS / 6 YPG / 0 TD
- Jakobi Meyers: 20 REC / 261 YDS / 52.2 YPG / 1 TD
- Nelson Agholor: 14 REC / 225 YDS / 45 YPG / 1 TD
- DeVante Parker: 8 REC / 189 YDS / 37.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Matthew Judon: 19 TKL / 4 TFL / 6 SACK / 1 PD
- Ja’Whaun Bentley: 31 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK
- Jack Jones: 12 TKL / 2 INT / 3 PD