Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Steelers (1-4) will try to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-2) on Sunday, October 16, 2022 at Acrisure Stadium.
The Buccaneers are expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8) versus the Steelers. The over/under for this game is 43.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers is 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- One of the Buccaneers’ five games with a set total has hit the over (20%).
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers are putting up 337.6 yards per game on offense this season (21st in NFL), and they are surrendering 309 yards per game (sixth) on defense.
- The Buccaneers rank 19th in scoring offense (20.6 points per game) and sixth in scoring defense (16.6 points allowed per game) this season.
- The Buccaneers rank sixth in pass defense this year (193.4 passing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 271.6 passing yards per game.
- The Buccaneers rank second-worst in rushing offense (66 rushing yards per game), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 18th with 115.6 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- The Buccaneers are averaging a 39.7% third-down percentage on offense this season (13th in NFL), and they are giving up a 41.9% third-down conversion rate (20th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Buccaneers have the third-best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (5.1), while their offense is ranked 21st, gaining 5.4 per play.
- The Buccaneers have forced nine total turnovers (fifth in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (10th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +3, the fourth-best in the NFL.
Buccaneers’ Best Players
- Tom Brady: 1,409 PASS YDS / 281.8 YPG / 68.1% / 7 TD / 1 INT
- Leonard Fournette: 74 CAR / 280 YDS / 56 YPG / 1 TD / 26 REC / 194 YDS / 38.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Rachaad White: 16 CAR / 35 YDS / 7 YPG / 1 TD / 10 REC / 85 YDS / 17 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Evans: 20 REC / 316 YDS / 63.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Russell Gage: 23 REC / 172 YDS / 34.4 YPG / 1 TD
- Devin White: 40 TKL / 5 TFL / 3 SACK / 3 PD
- Jamel Dean: 21 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 4 PD
Betting Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers have covered the spread once in five opportunities this season.
- The Steelers have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 8 points or more this year (0-1).
- The Steelers have hit the over in two of five games with a set total (40%).
Stats & Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers have been outplayed on both sides of the ball this season, ranking fifth-worst in total offense (295.8 total yards per game) and third-worst in total defense (416.8 total yards allowed per game).
- The Steelers’ offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, registering 15.4 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 26th with 25.6 points allowed per contest.
- The Steelers rank 23rd in passing yards per game (207.2), but they’ve been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 287.6 passing yards allowed per contest.
- The Steelers’ running game has been sputtering, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 88.6 rushing yards per game. They have been better defensively, surrendering 129.2 rushing yards per contest (23rd-ranked).
- With a 36.4% third-down conversion rate on offense, the Steelers rank 23rd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 26th, giving up a 46.6% third-down rate.
- The Steelers’ offense has been struggling in terms of yards per play, ranking worst in the NFL at 5. They have been better on defense, surrendering 6.1 yards per play (24th-ranked).
- At +1, the Steelers have the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 10 forced turnovers (fourth in NFL) and nine turnovers committed (26th in NFL).
Best Players for Steelers
- Mitchell Trubisky: 653 PASS YDS / 130.6 YPG / 59.5% / 2 TD / 2 INT
- Najee Harris: 69 CAR / 222 YDS / 44.4 YPG / 1 TD / 13 REC / 64 YDS / 12.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Jaylen Warren: 19 CAR / 94 YDS / 18.8 YPG / 0 TD / 7 REC / 46 YDS / 9.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Diontae Johnson: 28 REC / 267 YDS / 53.4 YPG / 0 TD
- George Pickens: 17 REC / 250 YDS / 50 YPG / 0 TD
- Pat Freiermuth: 20 REC / 235 YDS / 47 YPG / 1 TD
- Alex Highsmith: 25 TKL / 6 TFL / 5.5 SACK
- Myles Jack: 50 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 PD
- Minkah Fitzpatrick: 33 TKL / 3 INT / 4 PD