Table of Contents
Star running back Sean Tucker and the Syracuse Orange (5-0) face the NC State Wolf Pack (4-1) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at JMA Wireless Dome.
The Orange are the favorites (-3.5) in their matchup against the Wolf Pack, with the over/under at 44 points. (On the moneyline, the Orange are -178 and the Wolf Pack are +144.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Syracuse vs. NC State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: JMA Wireless Dome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Syracuse Betting Insights
- NC State has covered the spread twice in six opportunities this year.
- NC State is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- NC State games have hit the over in three out of six opportunities (50%).
Syracuse Stats & Insights
- Syracuse ranks 40th in total offense this year (440.6 yards per game), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 11th-best in the FBS with 440.6 yards allowed per game.
- Syracuse has been finding success on both offense and defense, ranking 24th-best in scoring offense (38.4 points per game) and ninth-best in scoring defense (14.0 points allowed per game).
- Syracuse sports the 63rd-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (250.4 passing yards per game), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 19th-best with only 176.6 passing yards allowed per game.
- Syracuse ranks 37th in rushing yards this season (190.2 rushing yards per game), but has been playing really well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 19th-best in the FBS with 95.0 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Syracuse is averaging a 45.8% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 33rd in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 71st, allowing a 38.1% third-down conversion rate.
- Syracuse has forced nine total turnovers (43rd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over four times (13th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +5, the 21st-best in college football.
Syracuse’s Best Players
- Garrett Shrader has been a dual threat for Syracuse so far this season. He has 1,220 passing yards, completing 70.9% of his passes and tossing 10 touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s rushed for 220 yards (44.0 ypg) on 62 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Tucker has racked up 544 rushing yards on 110 carries, scoring five touchdowns. He’s also added 179 yards (35.8 per game) on 19 catches with one touchdown.
- Oronde Gadsden II has hauled in 23 receptions for 372 yards (74.4 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone three times as a receiver.
- Devaughn Cooper has hauled in 14 receptions totaling 189 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Steve Linton has racked up 3.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Marlowe Wax, Syracuse’s tackle leader, has 19 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks this year.
- Garrett Williams leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting 12 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
NC State Betting Insights
- NC State is 2-4-0 against the spread this season.
- NC State has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 3.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- NC State games have gone over the point total in three out of six opportunities (50%).
NC State Stats & Insights
- NC State’s defense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 13th-best in the FBS with 280.0 total yards ceded per game. In terms of offense, it is generating 384.6 total yards per game, which ranks 83rd.
- NC State’s defensive unit has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 17th-best in the FBS with 15.4 points surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, it is compiling 32.8 points per game, which ranks 50th.
- NC State has been thriving on pass defense, giving up only 185.6 passing yards per game (23rd-best). Offensively, it ranks 60th in the FBS by putting up 251.8 passing yards per game.
- NC State’s run defense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 17th-best in the FBS with 94.4 rushing yards surrendered per game. In terms of offense, it is accumulating 132.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks 93rd.
- NC State ranks 39th in the FBS with a 45.1% third-down conversion rate, but it has been lifted up by its defense, which ranks 16th-best by giving up a 28.6% third-down rate.
- With nine forced turnovers (43rd in the FBS) and seven turnovers committed (52nd in the FBS) this season, NC State ranks 43rd in the FBS with a turnover margin of +2.
NC State’s Best Players
- Devin Leary leads NC State with 1,265 yards on 118-of-193 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- Demie Sumo has rushed 52 times for a team-high 299 yards (49.8 per game) with three touchdowns. He also leads the team through the air, as his 12 receptions this season are good for 148 yards, and he’s scored one touchdown in the passing game.
- Jordan Houston has piled up 64 carries and totaled 260 yards while also gaining 130 yards through the air with one touchdown.
- Thayer Thomas has collected 24 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 301 (50.2 yards per game). He’s been targeted 37 times and has two touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has 13 receptions (on 28 targets) for a total of 194 yards (32.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Davin Vann has racked up 2.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- NC State’s leading tackler, Drake Thomas, has 36 tackles and 2.0 TFL this year.
- Shyheim Battle has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with nine tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.