Table of Contents
Two division leaders — the AFC East-leading Buffalo Bills (4-1) and the AFC West-leading Kansas City Chiefs (4-1) square off October 16, 2022 at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
The Bills are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3), versus the Chiefs. The over/under for this game is 54 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Bills
- The Bills have posted a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 3-point favorites this season, the Bills are 2-2 against the spread.
- In the Bills’ five games with a set total, one has hit the over (20%).
Stats & Insights for Bills
- The Bills have been a tough matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both total offense (best with 440.4 yards per game) and total defense (second-best with 260.4 yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Bills have been a difficult matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both scoring offense (second-best with 30.4 points per game) and scoring defense (best with 12.2 points allowed per game) this year.
- The Bills have been finding success on both sides of the ball in the passing game, ranking best in passing offense (324 passing yards per game) and fourth-best in passing defense (182.6 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Bills own the 14th-ranked offense this year in terms of rushing yards (116.4 per game), and they’ve been more effective on defense, ranking second-best with just 77.8 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Bills sport the 16th-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (39.3% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking best with a 55.7% third-down percentage.
- The Bills have been making things happen on both sides of the ball in terms of yards per play this year, as they rank second-best in offensive yards per play (6.8) and second-best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.8).
- The Bills have the seventh-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +2, forcing 11 turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over nine times (26th in NFL).
Bills’ Best Players
- Josh Allen: 1,651 PASS YDS / 330.2 YPG / 66.8% / 14 TD / 4 INT / 35 CAR / 225 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- Devin Singletary: 40 CAR / 171 YDS / 34.2 YPG / 0 TD / 18 REC / 145 YDS / 29 YPG / 1 TD
- Stefon Diggs: 39 REC / 508 YDS / 101.6 YPG / 5 TD
- Gabriel Davis: 11 REC / 309 YDS / 61.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Isaiah McKenzie: 15 REC / 153 YDS / 30.6 YPG / 3 TD
- Gregory Rousseau: 15 TKL / 5 TFL / 4 SACK / 1 PD
- Matt Milano: 29 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 INT / 4 PD
- Jordan Poyer: 12 TKL / 1 TFL / 4 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs are 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Chiefs have hit the over in three of their five games with a set total (60%).
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- In terms of total offense, the Chiefs rank sixth in the NFL (381.4 total yards per game) and 14th defensively (339.2 total yards allowed per game).
- The Chiefs’ defense ranks 23rd in the NFL with 25 points given up per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks best by accumulating 31.8 points per contest.
- The Chiefs’ pass offense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 267.2 passing yards per game. In terms of defense, they are surrendering 255.6 passing yards per game, which ranks 24th.
- The Chiefs’ run defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 83.6 rushing yards surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 114.2 rushing yards per game, which ranks 18th.
- The Chiefs’ third-down defense ranks 15th in the NFL with a 38.5% third-down conversion rate given up, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks second-best by generating a 52.5% third-down rate.
- The Chiefs rank 10th in the NFL with 6 yards per play on offense, and they rank 12th with 5.6 yards allowed per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- After forcing four turnovers (26th in NFL) and turning the ball over four times (fourth in NFL) this season, the Chiefs own the 17th-ranked turnover margin of 0.
Best Players for Chiefs
- Patrick Mahomes II: 1,398 PASS YDS / 279.6 YPG / 66.7% / 15 TD / 2 INT / 17 CAR / 92 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: 50 CAR / 223 YDS / 44.6 YPG / 2 TD / 16 REC / 137 YDS / 27.4 YPG / 3 TD
- Isaih Pacheco: 29 CAR / 140 YDS / 28 YPG / 1 TD
- Travis Kelce: 33 REC / 347 YDS / 69.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 19 REC / 258 YDS / 51.6 YPG / 0 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 22 REC / 257 YDS / 51.4 YPG / 0 TD
- L’Jarius Sneed: 39 TKL / 1 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- Nick Bolton: 47 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK
- Jaylen Watson: 18 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 4 PD