Table of Contents
The New York Yankees and the Cleveland Guardians take the field in the second game of the ALDS on Friday 1:07 PM ET at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees have a 1-0 series lead. New York’s Nestor Cortes starts against Cleveland’s Shane Bieber.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Friday, October 14, 2022
- Game Time: 1:07 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-best 254 home runs in total.
- The Yankees have the 15th-ranked batting average in the league (.241).
- The Yankees’ .324 on-base percentage is fifth-best in the league.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (136 total in home contests).
- The Yankees are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .439 in home contests.
- The team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .240 at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York with 177 hits and an OBP of .425, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .686.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, Judge ranks fifth in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .224 with 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 58 walks.
- Rizzo is 116th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging in the majors.
- Gleyber Torres has 134 hits this season and has a slash line of .255/.308/.447.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .263 with a .316 OBP and 48 RBI for New York this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 127 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than the Guardians, who have struck out only 6.9 times per game on average.
- They’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 81 road contests this season.
- In 81 road games this season, they’re slugging .398 with 239 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .255 with 9.0 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 167 hits, a team-best for the Guardians.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Ramirez is 29th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 28th and he is 12th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan’s .373 on-base percentage paces his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Kwan’s batting average puts him 11th, his on-base percentage ranks 12th, and he is 91st in slugging.
- Amed Rosario has a .403 slugging percentage, which leads the Guardians.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .295 with 26 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 34 walks.
Yankees vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers