Table of Contents
At Kidd Brewer Stadium on Wednesday, the Appalachian State Mountaineers (3-3) take on the Georgia State Panthers (2-4).
The Panthers are expected to lose by double digits (currently +10) against the Mountaineers (with an over/under of 61.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Appalachian State vs. Georgia State
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Stadium: Kidd Brewer Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Appalachian State Betting Insights
- Georgia State is 2-3-1 against the spread this year.
- Georgia State is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 10 points or more this year.
- Three of Georgia State’s six games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Appalachian State Stats & Insights
- Offensively, Appalachian State ranks 34th in the FBS with 449.8 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 30th in total defense (340.8 yards allowed per contest).
- Appalachian State is averaging 35.2 points per game on offense this season (34th in the FBS), and is giving up 28.8 points per game (81st) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Appalachian State is putting up 286.3 passing yards per game offensively this season (28th in the FBS), and is surrendering 214.5 passing yards per game (48th) on defense.
- Appalachian State is putting up 163.5 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 59th in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 43rd, allowing 126.3 rushing yards per game.
- Appalachian State ranks 58th in third-down efficiency (41.8%) on offense and 96th in third-down percentage allowed (42.5%) on defense this season.
- Appalachian State has forced nine total turnovers (68th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over five times (12th in the FBS) for +4a turnover margin of +4, 28th-ranked in college football.
Appalachian State’s Best Players
- Chase Brice has thrown for 1,668 yards (278.0 ypg) to lead Appalachian State, completing 65.2% of his passes and collecting 18 touchdown passes compared to three interceptions this season.
- Camerun Peoples has 372 rushing yards on 57 carries with three touchdowns.
- Daetrich Harrington has been handed the ball 40 times this year and racked up 191 yards (31.8 per game) with one touchdown.
- Christan Horn has hauled in 21 receptions for 427 yards (71.2 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone four times as a receiver.
- DaShaun Davis has caught 26 passes while averaging 48.7 yards per game and scoring two touchdowns.
- Kaedin Robinson has been the target of 29 passes and hauled in 14 catches for 212 yards, an average of 35.3 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- Nick Hampton has racked up 5.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 5.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Nicholas Ross is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s collected 33 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- Dexter Lawson Jr. has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 10 tackles and four passes defended.
Georgia State Betting Insights
- Georgia State is 2-3-1 against the spread this season.
- Georgia State is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 10-point underdogs.
- Out of Georgia State’s six games with a set total, three have hit the over (50%).
Georgia State Stats & Insights
- Georgia State ranks 44th in total yards per game (436.7), but it has been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 20th-worst in the FBS with 438.3 total yards allowed per contest.
- Georgia State has not been getting things done on defense, ranking 17th-worst with 33.3 points surrendered per game. It has been more effective offensively, posting 29.8 points per contest (65th-ranked).
- Georgia State’s passing game has been struggling, ranking 25th-worst in the FBS with 202.3 passing yards per game. It has been more effective defensively, allowing 258.3 passing yards per contest (96th-ranked).
- Georgia State ranks 25th-worst in rushing yards allowed per game on defense (180.0), but at least it has been excelling on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 13th-best in rushing yards per contest (234.3).
- Georgia State ranks 69th in third-down conversion percentage (39.3%) on offense, but it has been less effective defensively, ranking eighth-worst in the FBS with a 48.1% third-down percentage allowed.
- Georgia State has fared really well in terms of turnovers, as its turnover margin of +5 ranks 21st-best in the FBS, with 15 forced turnovers (seventh in the nation) and 10 turnovers committed (72nd in the nation).
Georgia State’s Best Players
- Darren Grainger leads Georgia State with 1,214 yards on 83-of-149 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 303 rushing yards (50.5 ypg) on 67 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Tucker Gregg, has carried the ball 101 times for 460 yards (76.7 per game) with six touchdowns.
- Jamyest Williams has run for 403 yards across 68 carries, scoring two touchdowns.
- Jamari Thrash’s 503 receiving yards (83.8 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 30 receptions on 45 targets with two touchdowns.
- Robert Lewis has caught 17 passes and compiled 333 receiving yards (55.5 per game) with six touchdowns.
- Ja’Cyais Credle’s 17 receptions (on 26 targets) have netted him 233 yards (38.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Shamar McCollum paces the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Jordan Veneziale, Georgia State’s top tackler, has 39 tackles and 0.5 sacks this year.
- Quavian White has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 16 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and four passes defended.