Table of Contents
The South Alabama Jaguars (5-1) are in action on Thursday at 7:30 PM ET against the Troy Trojans (5-2) at Hancock Whitney Stadium.
The Jaguars are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3), against the Trojans. The over/under for this game is 49 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for South Alabama vs. Troy
- Game Day: Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Mobile, Alabama
- Stadium: Hancock Whitney Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
South Alabama Betting Insights
- Troy’s ATS record is 5-2-0 this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 3 points or more, the Trojans have a 4-0 record against the spread.
- Out of Troy’s seven games with a set total, three have hit the over (42.9%).
South Alabama Stats & Insights
- South Alabama ranks 28th in total offense this season (462.3 yards per game), but has been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS with 462.3 yards allowed per game.
- South Alabama is compiling 36.0 points per game on offense, which ranks them 29th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 31st, allowing 21.3 points per contest.
- On the offensive side of the ball, South Alabama has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS by totaling 300.3 per game. The Jaguars rank 63rd on defense (227.2 passing yards allowed per game).
- On the defensive side of the ball, South Alabama has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 12th-best by giving up only 95.2 per game. The Jaguars rank 60th on offense (162.0 rushing yards per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, South Alabama ranks 26th in the FBS with a 47.1% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 27th in third-down conversion rate allowed (95.2).
- South Alabama has forced 14 total turnovers (10th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over six times (21st in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +8, the fourth-best in college football.
South Alabama’s Best Players
- Carter Bradley has 1,694 pass yards for South Alabama, completing 63.6% of his passes and throwing 13 touchdowns and four interceptions this season.
- La’Damian Webb has racked up 470 yards on 91 carries while finding paydirt six times as a runner. He’s also caught 12 passes for 130 yards (21.7 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- Marco Lee has piled up 138 yards on 33 attempts, scoring four times.
- Caullin Lacy’s team-high 503 yards as a receiver have come on 35 receptions (out of 40 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Jalen Wayne has caught 31 passes for 495 yards (82.5 yards per game) and five touchdowns this year.
- Devin Voisin has a total of 345 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 26 passes and scoring one touchdown.
- Wy’Kevious Thomas paces the team with 2.0 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- James Miller is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s picked up 17 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Yam Banks has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has five tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended to his name.
Troy Betting Insights
- So far this season, Troy has put together a 5-2-0 record against the spread.
- Troy is a perfect 4-0 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- Troy has hit the over in three of their seven games with a set total (42.9%).
Troy Stats & Insights
- Troy is compiling 401.0 total yards per contest on offense this season (69th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 341.0 total yards per game (31st-ranked).
- Troy’s defensive unit has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 25th-best in the FBS with 19.3 points surrendered per game. In terms of offense, it is putting up 24.3 points per game, which ranks 98th.
- Troy’s pass offense has been thriving, compiling 312.7 passing yards per game (16th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 67th by allowing 228.9 passing yards per game.
- Troy’s rushing offense has been bottom-25 this season, generating 88.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks seventh-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 26th with 112.1 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- Troy has been struggling on third down, ranking 22nd-worst with a 44.1% third-down conversion percentage allowed per game. It has been more productive on the other side of the ball, putting up a 36.3% third-down rate (91st-ranked).
- After forcing 12 turnovers (24th in the FBS) and turning the ball over 13 times (106th in the FBS) this season, Troy owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin of -1.
Troy’s Best Players
- Gunnar Watson has put up 1,691 passing yards, or 241.6 per game, so far this season. He has completed 63.2% of his passes and has collected six touchdowns with seven interceptions.
- DK Billingsley has carried the ball 77 times for 386 yards, with three touchdowns.
- Kimani Vidal has compiled 308 yards on 76 carries with two touchdowns.
- Tez Johnson has hauled in 479 receiving yards on 22 catches to pace his squad so far this season while scoring three touchdowns as a receiver.
- Jabre Barber has put up a 351-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 25 passes on 32 targets.
- Deshon Stoudemire has racked up 337 reciving yards (48.1 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- T.J. Jackson has collected 5.5 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 6.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Troy’s top-tackler, Carlton Martial, has 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception this year.
- Markeis Colvin has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with six tackles and two passes defended.