Table of Contents
On Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, the BYU Cougars (4-3) will visit the Liberty Flames (6-1).
The Cougars are the favorites (-6.5) in their matchup versus the Flames, with the over/under being 58 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Cougars are -251 and the Flames are +198.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for BYU vs. Liberty
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Williams Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
BYU Betting Insights
- Liberty’s ATS record is 3-4-0 this season.
- When it has played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this season, Liberty is 1-0 against the spread.
- Liberty has hit the over in four of their seven games with a set total (57.1%).
BYU Stats & Insights
- On offense, BYU ranks 55th in the FBS with 425.1 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 94th in total defense (404.4 yards allowed per contest).
- BYU is averaging 32.4 points per game offensively this year (53rd in the FBS), and is giving up 30.3 points per game (99th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- BYU is putting up 277.4 passing yards per game offensively this season (34th in the FBS), and is giving up 215.3 passing yards per game (50th) on defense.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 run defense that ranks 18th-worst in the FBS (189.1 rushing yards allowed per game), BYU has put up better results offensively, ranking 73rd in the FBS by totaling 147.7 rushing yards per game.
- Despite having a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks ninth-worst in the FBS (47.5% third-down percentage), BYU has had more success on the other side of the ball, ranking 48th in the FBS by putting up a 43.8% third-down conversion rate.
- BYU ranks 44th in college football with a +2 turnover margin after forcing 7 turnovers (98th in the FBS) and committing five (12th in the FBS).
BYU’s Best Players
- Jaren Hall has thrown for 1,914 yards (273.4 ypg) to lead BYU, completing 67.7% of his passes and recording 17 touchdown passes compared to three interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 100 rushing yards on 45 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Christopher Brown Jr., has carried the ball 73 times for 433 yards (61.9 per game), scoring five times.
- Miles Davis has carried the ball 24 times for 167 yards (23.9 per game).
- Kody Epps has hauled in 34 catches for 423 yards (60.4 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone six times as a receiver.
- Keanu Hill has hauled in 21 receptions totaling 395 yards, finding the end zone four times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Chase Roberts has been the target of 28 passes and hauled in 16 receptions for 229 yards, an average of 32.7 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- John Nelson has collected 2.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 4.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- BYU’s tackle leader, Ben Bywater, has 32 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions this year.
- Max Tooley leads the team with three interceptions, while also putting up 31 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and three passes defended.
Liberty Betting Insights
- Liberty is 3-4-0 ATS this season.
- Liberty is 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Four of Liberty’s seven games with a set total have hit the over (57.1%).
Liberty Stats & Insights
- From an offensive angle, Liberty is posting 403.6 total yards per game (65th-ranked). It ranks 32nd in the FBS defensively (341.4 total yards given up per game).
- Liberty ranks 66th in the FBS with 29.7 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 42nd with 22.6 points allowed per game on defense.
- In terms of passing, Liberty ranks 83rd in the FBS (223.1 passing yards per game) and 39th on the other side of the ball (210.1 passing yards allowed per contest).
- Liberty ranks 42nd in the FBS with 180.4 rushing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 50th with 131.3 rushing yards surrendered per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Offensively, Liberty is bottom-25 on third down, producing a 32.3% third-down conversion rate (17th-worst). On the bright side, it is excelling on the other side of the ball, surrendering a 30.5% third-down rate (16th-best).
- Liberty has compiled 18 forced turnovers (first in the FBS) and committed 16 turnovers (126th in the FBS) this season for a +2 turnover margin that ranks 44th in the FBS.
Liberty’s Best Players
- Kaidon Salter has thrown for 776 yards on 54.9% passing while recording six touchdown passes with five interceptions this season. He’s also run for 211 yards with two scores.
- Dae Dae Hunter has rushed for 608 yards on 97 carries so far this year while scoring seven times on the ground. He’s also added 13 catches, totaling 116 yards and one touchdown through the air.
- Shedro Louis has taken 69 carries and totaled 298 yards with five touchdowns.
- Demario Douglas leads his squad with 546 receiving yards on 34 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Noah Frith has put up a 235-yard season so far. He’s caught 11 passes on 27 targets.
- CJ Yarbrough has racked up 197 reciving yards (28.1 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Dennis Osagiede has racked up 6.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 4.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Liberty’s tackle leader, Ahmad Walker, has 26 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks this year.
- Robert Rahimi leads the team with four interceptions, while also recording 20 tackles and four passes defended.