Table of Contents
Star running back Tyjae Spears and the Tulane Green Wave (6-1) face the Memphis Tigers (4-3) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Yulman Stadium.
The Tigers are expected to lose by at least a touchdown (currently +7) against the Green Wave (with an over/under of 56.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Tulane vs. Memphis
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Yulman Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Tulane Betting Insights
- Memphis’ ATS record is 3-4-0 this season.
- Memphis is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Out of Memphis’ seven games with a set total, six have hit the over (85.7%).
Tulane Stats & Insights
- Defensively, Tulane has been a top-25 unit, ranking 17th-best by giving up just 299.1 yards per game. The offense ranks 58th (420.4 yards per game).
- On the defensive side of the ball, Tulane has been a top-25 unit, ranking 11th-best by allowing only 15.9 points per game. The offense ranks 47th (33.0 points per game).
- Tulane ranks 47th in passing yards this year (266.1 per game), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 10th-best in the FBS with 166.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- Tulane is totaling 154.3 rushing yards per game offensively this season (66th in the FBS), and is surrendering 132.7 rushing yards per game (51st) on the other side of the ball.
- Tulane sports the 82nd-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (38.0% percentage), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 20th-best with a 31.1% third-down percentage allowed.
- With nine forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) against seven turnovers committed (32nd in the FBS), Tulane’s +2+2 turnover margin ranks 44th in college football.
Tulane’s Best Players
- Michael Pratt has recorded 1,560 yards (222.9 ypg) on 111-of-165 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 196 rushing yards (28.0 ypg) on 63 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- Spears has racked up 463 yards on 96 carries while finding paydirt eight times as a runner. He’s also caught 15 passes for 195 yards (27.9 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- Iverson Celestine has piled up 210 yards on 52 attempts.
- Shae Wyatt’s 333 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 25 times and has collected 18 receptions and one touchdown.
- Jha’Quan Jackson has caught 19 passes for 304 yards (43.4 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Deuce Watts’ 16 grabs have turned into 295 yards and four touchdowns.
- Armoni Dixon has collected 1.0 sack to pace the team, while also recording 1.0 TFL.
- Tulane’s top-tackler, Nick Anderson, has 39 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks this year.
- Macon Clark has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 30 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
Memphis Betting Insights
- Memphis is 3-4-0 ATS this season.
- Memphis is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this year.
- Six of Memphis’ seven games with a set total have hit the over (85.7%).
Memphis Stats & Insights
- In terms of total offense, Memphis ranks 59th in the FBS (420.1 total yards per game) and 101st defensively (419.6 total yards allowed per contest).
- With 35.6 points per game on offense, Memphis ranks 31st in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 96th, allowing 30.1 points per contest.
- Memphis has been struggling in pass defense, ranking fifth-worst with 301.4 passing yards allowed per game. It has been better offensively, compiling 280.7 passing yards per contest (31st-ranked).
- From an offensive standpoint, Memphis is generating 139.4 rushing yards per game (81st-ranked). It ranks 33rd in the FBS defensively (118.1 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Memphis’ defense has been a bottom-25 unit on third down this season, surrendering a 44.3% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 21st-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 59th with a 44.3% third-down rate.
- Memphis has a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking 12th-best at +7.
Memphis’ Best Players
- Seth Henigan leads Memphis with 1,924 yards on 153-of-235 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 178 rushing yards (25.4 ypg) on 82 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- Asa Martin is his team’s leading rusher with 47 carries for 282 yards, or 40.3 per game. He’s found paydirt three times on the ground, as well. Martin has also chipped in with 17 catches for 151 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Jevyon Ducker has been given 51 carries and totaled 243 yards with two touchdowns.
- Caden Prieskorn paces his team with 323 receiving yards on 27 catches with six touchdowns.
- Gabriel Rogers has put up a 318-yard season so far. He’s caught 23 passes on 29 targets.
- Joe Scates has racked up 306 reciving yards (43.7 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
- Cormontae Hamilton has 3.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Memphis’ top-tackler, Xavier Cullens, has 48 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two interceptions this year.
- Quindell Johnson has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 35 tackles and three passes defended.