Table of Contents
The AFC West and NFC West leaders meet when the Kansas City Chiefs (4-2) square off against the San Francisco 49ers (3-3) at Levi’s Stadium on Sunday, October 23, 2022.
The Chiefs are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3), versus the 49ers. The over/under for this matchup is 48 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- Stadium: Levi’s Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs have covered the spread twice in six opportunities this season.
- When they have played as at least 3-point favorites this season, the Chiefs are 1-3 against the spread.
- Three of the Chiefs’ six games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs are averaging 382.3 yards per game on offense, which ranks them sixth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 19th, giving up 356.5 yards per contest.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit, ranking best in the NFL by putting up 29.8 points per game. They rank 25th on defense (24.8 points allowed per game).
- The Chiefs rank 27th in pass defense this year (266 passing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 275.8 passing yards per game.
- Defensively, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fourth-best by surrendering only 90.5 per game. They rank 20th on offense (106.5 rushing yards per game).
- The Chiefs rank 13th in third-down defense this year (38.2% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with a 50% third-down percentage.
- The Chiefs are allowing 5.7 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (15th in the NFL), while putting up 6.1 per play (sixth in the league) on offense this season.
- The Chiefs have forced five total turnovers (26th in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (seventh in NFL) for a turnover margin of -1, 20th-ranked in the league.
Chiefs’ Best Players
- Patrick Mahomes II: 1,736 PASS YDS / 289.3 YPG / 65.9% / 17 TD / 4 INT / 21 CAR / 113 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: 59 CAR / 256 YDS / 42.7 YPG / 2 TD / 16 REC / 137 YDS / 22.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Isaih Pacheco: 31 CAR / 149 YDS / 24.8 YPG / 1 TD / 2 REC / 9 YDS / 1.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Travis Kelce: 41 REC / 455 YDS / 75.8 YPG / 7 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 27 REC / 370 YDS / 61.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 19 REC / 258 YDS / 43 YPG / 0 TD
- L’Jarius Sneed: 47 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- Nick Bolton: 60 TKL / 5 TFL / 2 SACK
- Jaylen Watson: 24 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 4 PD
Betting Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers are 3-3-0 against the spread this season.
- One of the 49ers’ six games with a set total has hit the over (16.7%).
Stats & Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers rank 19th in the NFL with 340.2 total yards per contest, but they’ve been carried by their defense, which ranks best by surrendering just 255.8 total yards per contest.
- The 49ers have been thriving on defense, giving up just 14.8 points per game (second-best). On offense, they rank 19th by piling up 20.3 points per game.
- The 49ers’ pass defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 168.3 passing yards ceded per contest. In terms of offense, they are putting up 216.2 passing yards per game, which ranks 22nd.
- The 49ers’ run defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 87.5 rushing yards conceded per game. In terms of offense, they are generating 124 rushing yards per game, which ranks 12th.
- From an offensive perspective, the 49ers are putting up a 40.5% third-down conversion rate (14th-ranked). They rank 10th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (35.7% third-down rate allowed).
- The 49ers have been excelling on defense in terms of yards per play, surrendering only 4.6 (best). On offense, they rank 10th in the NFL by posting 5.9 yards per play.
- The 49ers have accumulated seven forced turnovers (17th in NFL) and committed nine turnovers (22nd in NFL) this season for a -2 turnover margin that ranks 21st in the NFL.
Best Players for 49ers
- Jimmy Garoppolo: 1,153 PASS YDS / 192.2 YPG / 63.5% / 7 TD / 3 INT
- Jeff Wilson Jr.: 81 CAR / 400 YDS / 66.7 YPG / 2 TD / 8 REC / 70 YDS / 11.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Deebo Samuel: 23 CAR / 136 YDS / 22.7 YPG / 1 TD / 27 REC / 345 YDS / 57.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Brandon Aiyuk: 25 REC / 320 YDS / 53.3 YPG / 3 TD
- George Kittle: 19 REC / 182 YDS / 30.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Nick Bosa: 15 TKL / 6 TFL / 6 SACK
- Dre Greenlaw: 55 TKL / 3 TFL
- Talanoa Hufanga: 36 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 5 PD