Table of Contents
The Atlanta Hawks will open their 2022-23 season as double-digit, 10-point favorites against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup airs on BSSE and SportsNet SW. The over/under is 234.5 in the matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hawks vs. Rockets
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSSE and SportsNet SW
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Arena: State Farm Arena
Hawks Betting Stats & Information
- The Hawks won 66% of the games last season in which they were the moneyline favorite (33-17).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -471 or shorter last year, Atlanta finished with a record of 10-1 (90.9%).
- The Hawks were 37-45-0 against the spread last season.
- Against the spread, as 10-point favorites or greater, the Hawks went 7-4 last year.
- Atlanta’s average point total in outings last year was 226.3, 8.2 points below the over/under in this game.
- Last season, 43 of the Hawks’ 82 games hit the over.
Houston Betting Stats & Info
- The Rockets won 14, or 18.7%, of the 75 games they played as underdogs last season.
- Houston had a record of 3-26, a 10.3% win rate, when it was set as the underdog by +359 or more by bookmakers last season.
- The Rockets’ record against the spread last season was 35-45-2.
- The Rockets’ ATS record as underdogs of 10 points or more was 14-14-1 last season.
- The average over/under in Houston’s games in 2021 was 6.6 fewer points than the point total of 234.5 in this game.
- Last season, 46 of the Rockets’ 82 games hit the over.
Hawks vs. Rockets Last Season Stat Comparison
|Hawks Rank||Hawks AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Atlanta Hawks Leaders
- Trae Young scored 28.4 points and distributed 9.7 assists per game last season.
- Clint Capela averaged 11.9 boards per game in addition to his 11.1 PPG average.
- Young knocked down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.1 per contest a season ago.
Houston Rockets Leaders
- Jalen Green contributed 17.3 points per game last season.
- Alperen Sengun notched 5.5 rebounds per game and Kevin Porter Jr. averaged 6.2 assists per game.
- Porter had a strong showing from long distance a season ago. He hit 2.5 shots from deep per game.