Table of Contents
The San Diego Padres host the Philadelphia Phillies in the second game of the NLCS on Wednesday 4:35 PM ET at PETCO Park. The Phillies have a 1-0 series lead. Blake Snell gets the starting nod for San Diego, and Aaron Nola is Philadelphia’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Game Time: 4:35 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 21st in baseball with 153 total home runs .
- The Padres’ .241 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Padres are eighth in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- The Padres strike out 8.2 times per game, the ninth-best average in baseball.
- The Padres average 1.0 home run per home game this season (77 total at home).
- The Padres have a .364 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .230 at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has 172 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .531, both of which are best among San Diego hitters this season.
- Machado is 11th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and sixth in slugging among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Juan Soto has 127 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .401.
- Soto is 89th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Josh Bell has collected 147 base hits, an OBP of .362 and a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
- Jake Cronenworth has 17 home runs, 88 RBI and a batting average of .240 this season.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies’ 205 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- The Phillies have a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- The Phillies have the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 98 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .403 in away games this season with 233 extra-base hits.
- In 81 road games this season, they have a batting average of .246 while averaging 8.5 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber has accumulated 126 hits, a team-best for the Phillies.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Schwarber’s batting average places him 122nd, his on-base percentage is 70th, and he is 15th in slugging.
- J.T. Realmuto leads his team with a .340 OBP.
- Realmuto is currently 34th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .246 with 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks.
- Alec Bohm paces his team with a .398 slugging percentage.
Padres vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers