Table of Contents
The Boston Celtics (1-0) take on the Miami Heat (0-1) as just 2.5-point favorites on Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN and BSSUN. The matchup has a point total of 219.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Celtics vs. Heat
- Game Day: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN and BSSUN
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Arena: FTX Arena
Celtics Betting Stats & Information
- The Celtics put together a 44-16 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 73.3% of those games).
- Boston had a record of 39-14 in games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -141 or shorter last year (73.6%).
- The Celtics had 44 wins in 82 games against the spread last season.
- Against the spread, as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Celtics went 27-25-2 last season.
- The average point total in Boston’s games last year was 2.8 fewer points than the total of 219 in this matchup.
- The Celtics had 40 of their 82 games go over the point total last year.
Miami Betting Stats & Info
- The Heat won 14, or 60.9%, of the 23 games they played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, Miami won 11 of its 17 games, or 64.7%, when it was the underdog by at least +120 on the moneyline.
- The Heat were 46-36-0 against the spread last season.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 2.5 points or greater, the Heat went 15-4 last year.
- The average point total for Miami in 2021 was 3.4 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- There were 48 Heat games (out of 82) that hit the over last year.
Celtics vs. Heat Last Season Stat Comparison
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Heat AVG||Heat Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Boston Celtics Leaders
- Jayson Tatum accumulated 26.9 points and 8.0 rebounds per game last season.
- Marcus Smart averaged 5.9 assists per game to go with his 12.1 PPG scoring average.
- Tatum knocked down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.0 per contest a season ago.
Miami Heat Leaders
- Tyler Herro put up 20.7 points per game last season.
- Dewayne Dedmon notched 5.8 rebounds per game and Kyle Lowry averaged 7.5 assists per game.
- Duncan Robinson was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down 2.9 per game.