Table of Contents
Southwest Division opponents meet when the Memphis Grizzlies (1-0) visit the Houston Rockets (0-1) at Toyota Center, starting at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, October 21, 2022. The Rockets are 5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 229.5.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Grizzlies vs. Rockets
- Game Day: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSSE and SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Toyota Center
Grizzlies Betting Stats & Information
- The Grizzlies put together a 39-13 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 75% of those games).
- In games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -203 or shorter last year, Memphis finished with a record of 25-4 (86.2%).
- Against the spread, the Grizzlies were 51-29-2 last season.
- The Grizzlies went 21-9 as 5-point favorites or more last year.
- The average over/under Memphis had set in games last year was 4.0 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- There were 43 Grizzlies games (out of 82) that went over the total last year.
Houston Betting Stats & Info
- The Rockets were underdogs in 75 games last season and won 14 (18.7%) of those contests.
- Houston had a record of 8-52, a 13.3% win rate, when it was set as the underdog by +169 or more by oddsmakers last season.
- The Rockets were 35-45-2 against the spread last season.
- The Rockets went 24-37-1 as underdogs of 5 points or more last season.
- The average point total for Houston in 2021 was 1.6 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
- In 82 Rockets games last season, 46 of them hit the over.
Grizzlies vs. Rockets Last Season Stat Comparison
|Grizzlies Rank||Grizzlies AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Memphis Grizzlies Leaders
- Ja Morant scored 27.4 points and distributed 6.7 assists per game last season.
- Steven Adams pulled down 10.0 boards per game while also scoring 6.9 points a contest.
- Desmond Bane made 3.0 threes per game a season ago.
Houston Rockets Leaders
- Jalen Green contributed 17.3 points per game last season.
- Alperen Sengun collected 5.5 rebounds per game and Kevin Porter Jr. dished out 6.2 assists per contest.
- Porter had a solid showing from long distance a season ago. He hit 2.5 shots from deep per game.