Table of Contents
The East Carolina Pirates (4-3) are in action on Friday at 8:00 PM ET at LaVell Edwards Stadium against the BYU Cougars (4-4).
The Cougars are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3), versus the Pirates. The over/under for this matchup is 62 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for BYU vs. East Carolina
- Game Day: Friday, October 28, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Provo, Utah
- Stadium: LaVell Edwards Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
BYU Betting Insights
- So far this year, East Carolina has compiled a 5-3-0 record against the spread.
- In games it has played as at least 3-point underdogs this year, East Carolina is 2-0 against the spread.
- East Carolina games have hit the over in four out of eight opportunities (50%).
BYU Stats & Insights
- BYU is averaging 404.3 yards per game on offense (66th in the FBS), and rank 104th defensively, yielding 422.3 yards allowed per game.
- Despite having a bottom-25 scoring defense that ranks 25th-worst in the FBS (31.6 points allowed per game), BYU has put up better results offensively, ranking 64th in the FBS by putting up 30.1 points per game.
- BYU is putting up 266.1 passing yards per game offensively this season (42nd in the FBS), and is surrendering 219.3 passing yards per game (53rd) on defense.
- With 203.0 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS, BYU has been forced to lean on their 83rd-ranked running game (138.1 rushing yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- In addition to a 48.7% third-down percentage allowed on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the FBS, BYU has posted the 53rd-ranked third-down conversion rate (42.0%) on offense.
- With nine forced turnovers (80th in the FBS) against five turnovers committed (seventh in the FBS), BYU’s +4+4 turnover margin ranks 33rd in college football.
BYU’s Best Players
- Jaren Hall has 2,101 pass yards for BYU, completing 65% of his passes and throwing 19 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 124 rushing yards (15.5 ypg) on 50 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Christopher Brown Jr., has carried the ball 76 times for 459 yards (57.4 per game), scoring five times.
- Miles Davis has collected 165 yards on 26 attempts.
- Kody Epps has hauled in 39 catches for 459 yards (57.4 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone six times as a receiver.
- Keanu Hill has put up a 399-yard season so far with four touchdowns, reeling in 22 passes on 33 targets.
- Puka Nacua’s 19 catches have yielded 303 yards and two touchdowns.
- John Nelson has racked up 2.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 4.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Max Tooley has 38 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and three interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
East Carolina Betting Insights
- East Carolina has a 5-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games it has played as at least 3-point underdogs this season, East Carolina is 2-0 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in four of East Carolina’s eight games with a set total.
East Carolina Stats & Insights
- East Carolina’s offense has been excelling, piling up 474.7 total yards per game (19th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 80th by allowing 388.3 total yards per game.
- From an offensive perspective, East Carolina is putting up 33.1 points per contest (44th-ranked). It ranks 56th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (24.6 points allowed per game).
- While East Carolina’s pass defense has been sputtering, ranking 13th-worst by surrendering 278.3 passing yards per game, its offense ranks 16th-best with 309.0 passing yards per contest.
- East Carolina’s run defense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 20th-best in the FBS with 110.0 rushing yards surrendered per game. In terms of offense, it is accumulating 165.7 rushing yards per game, which ranks 58th.
- East Carolina’s third-down offense has been dominant, putting up a 51.0% third-down conversion percentage (13th-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 67th by surrendering a 38.5% third-down rate.
- East Carolina has produced nine forced turnovers (80th in the FBS) and committed seven turnovers (20th in the FBS) this season for a +2 turnover margin that ranks 49th in the FBS.
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers has put up 2,435 passing yards, or 304.4 per game, so far this season. He has completed 70.3% of his passes and has recorded 18 touchdowns with five interceptions. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 14.3 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner three times.
- The team’s top rusher, Keaton Mitchell, has carried the ball 101 times for 687 yards (85.9 per game) with eight touchdowns. He’s also caught 18 passes for 128 yards.
- Marlon Gunn Jr. has piled up 45 carries and totaled 256 yards.
- Isaiah Winstead leads his team with 808 receiving yards on 59 receptions with three touchdowns.
- C.J. Johnson has put together a 657-yard season so far with eight touchdowns. He’s caught 40 passes on 51 targets.
- Ryan Jones’ 33 receptions (on 40 targets) have netted him 344 yards (43.0 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- Shaundre Mims has collected 3.0 sacks to pace the team, while also recording 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Julius Wood has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 34 tackles and two interceptions so far.