Table of Contents
The Miami Dolphins (4-3) visit a struggling Detroit Lions (1-5) team on Sunday, October 30, 2022 at Ford Field. The Lions have lost four games in a row.
The Dolphins are the favorites (-3) in their matchup against the Lions, with the over/under being 50.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Dolphins are -170 and the Lions are +142.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for Miami Dolphins vs. Detroit Lions
- Game Day: Sunday, October 30, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins’ ATS record is 3-4-0 this season.
- The Dolphins have a 1-2 record against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- Out of the Dolphins’ seven games with a set total, two have hit the over (28.6%).
Stats & Insights for Dolphins
- On offense, the Dolphins rank 10th in the NFL with 367 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 21st in total defense (358.4 yards allowed per contest).
- From an offensive standpoint, the Dolphins rank 19th in the NFL with 21 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 23rd in points allowed (358.4 points allowed per contest).
- Offensively, the Dolphins have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking third-best in the NFL by compiling 281.6 per game. They rank 24th on defense (255.1 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Dolphins rank fourth-worst in rushing offense (85.4 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been better on defense, ranking seventh with 103.3 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- The Dolphins are averaging a 36.6% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (21st in NFL), and they are surrendering a 41.6% third-down percentage (22nd) on defense.
- The Dolphins rank 21st in yards per play allowed this season (6), but they’ve been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 6.3 yards per play.
- The Dolphins rank 21st in the NFL with a -2 turnover margin after forcing 7 turnovers (23rd in the NFL) and committing nine (16th in the NFL).
Dolphins’ Best Players
- Tua Tagovailoa: 1,296 PASS YDS / 185.1 YPG / 67.3% / 9 TD / 3 INT
- Raheem Mostert: 87 CAR / 388 YDS / 55.4 YPG / 1 TD / 12 REC / 94 YDS / 13.4 YPG / 1 TD
- Chase Edmonds: 38 CAR / 106 YDS / 15.1 YPG / 2 TD / 10 REC / 96 YDS / 13.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyreek Hill: 57 REC / 773 YDS / 110.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Jaylen Waddle: 34 REC / 621 YDS / 88.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Mike Gesicki: 18 REC / 197 YDS / 28.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Jaelan Phillips: 21 TKL / 4 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- Brandon Jones: 49 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 SACK / 3 PD
- Jevon Holland: 33 TKL / 1.5 SACK / 2 INT / 4 PD
Betting Insights for Lions
- So far this year, the Lions have put together a 3-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Lions have a 2-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- Four of the Lions’ six games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Lions
- On defense, the Lions are a bottom-five unit, ceding 412.2 total yards per game (worst). Fortunately, they are excelling on the other side of the ball, posting 395.2 total yards per contest (fourth-best).
- The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, allowing 32.3 points per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank ninth with 24.3 points per contest.
- From an offensive perspective, the Lions are posting 249.5 passing yards per game (ninth-ranked). They rank 22nd in the NFL defensively (249.3 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Lions’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in run defense this season, allowing 162.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank seventh with 145.7 rushing yards per contest.
- The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five on third down this season, ceding a 47.9% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 23rd with a 47.9% third-down rate.
- While the Lions’ defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking worst by surrendering 6.5 yards per play, their offense is fourth-best with 6.3 yards per play.
- The Lions sport a bottom-five turnover margin this season, third-worst at -6.
Best Players for Lions
- Jared Goff: 1,583 PASS YDS / 263.8 YPG / 62.3% / 11 TD / 6 INT
- Jamaal Williams: 92 CAR / 411 YDS / 68.5 YPG / 6 TD / 6 REC / 34 YDS / 5.7 YPG / 0 TD
- D’Andre Swift: 27 CAR / 231 YDS / 38.5 YPG / 1 TD / 8 REC / 77 YDS / 12.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Josh Reynolds: 24 REC / 343 YDS / 57.2 YPG / 2 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 23 REC / 315 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 28 REC / 275 YDS / 45.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Aidan Hutchinson: 17 TKL / 3 TFL / 4.5 SACK
- DeShon Elliott: 48 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 INT / 1 PD