Table of Contents
At 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, the SMU Mustangs (3-4) play at the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-4).
The Mustangs are slight favorites (-2.5) in their matchup against the Golden Hurricane, with the over/under at 64.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Mustangs are -138 and the Golden Hurricane are +111.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for SMU vs. Tulsa
- Game Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Stadium: Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
SMU Betting Insights
- Tulsa has covered the spread twice in seven opportunities this year.
- When they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season, the Golden Hurricane are 1-0-1 against the spread.
- In Tulsa’s seven games with a set total, four have hit the over (57.1%).
SMU Stats & Insights
- SMU ranks 29th in total offense (457.3 yards per game) and 106th in total defense (424.7 yards allowed per game) this year.
- SMU is putting up 34.3 points per game on offense, which ranks them 37th in the FBS. Defensively, the defense ranks 91st, giving up 29.4 points per contest.
- SMU ranks 56th in pass defense this season (220.0 passing yards allowed per game), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking ninth-best in the FBS with 327.1 passing yards per game.
- With 204.7 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 12th-worst in the FBS, SMU has had to ask their 96th-ranked running game (130.1 rushing yards per contest) to keep them competitive.
- SMU is averaging a 41.5% third-down conversion rate on offense this year (56th in the FBS), and is surrendering a 37.6% third-down percentage (63rd) on the defensive side of the ball.
- With nine forced turnovers (80th in the FBS) against 13 turnovers committed (94th in the FBS), SMU’s -4-4 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
SMU’s Best Players
- Tanner Mordecai has thrown for 2,121 yards (303.0 ypg) to lead SMU, completing 60.8% of his passes and recording 16 touchdown passes compared to seven interceptions this season.
- Velton Gardner has carried the ball 37 times for a team-high 230 yards on the ground and has found the end zone one time.
- Tre Siggers has carried the ball 60 times for 229 yards (32.7 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Rashee Rice’s team-leading 802 yards as a receiver have come on 53 catches (out of 94 targets) with four touchdowns.
- Jordan Kerley has hauled in 12 receptions totaling 239 yards, finding the end zone three times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Kelvontay Dixon has been the target of 25 passes and compiled 16 grabs for 208 yards, an average of 29.7 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Nelson Paul has racked up 4.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 29 tackles.
- Jimmy Phillips Jr., SMU’s top tackler, has 33 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Nick Roberts has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 28 tackles and one pass defended to his name.
Tulsa Betting Insights
- Tulsa is 2-4-1 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, the Golden Hurricane are 1-0-1 against the spread.
- Tulsa has hit the over in four of their seven games with a set total (57.1%).
Tulsa Stats & Insights
- Tulsa ranks 38th with 439.4 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 74th with 382.1 total yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- Tulsa ranks 50th in points per game (32.1), but it has been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 19th-worst in the FBS with 32.4 points ceded per contest.
- Tulsa has been top-25 in passing on both offense and defense this season, as it ranks 18th-best in passing yards per game (303.1) and eighth-best in passing yards surrendered per game (164.7).
- Tulsa ranks 85th in rushing yards per game (136.3), but it has been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-worst in the FBS with 217.4 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- Tulsa ranks 55th in the FBS with a 41.8% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 32nd with a 33.0% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball.
- With nine forced turnovers (80th in the FBS) and 14 turnovers committed (103rd in the FBS) this season, Tulsa ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of -5.
Tulsa’s Best Players
- Davis Brin has racked up 1,994 yards on 61.5% passing while tossing 16 touchdown passes with seven interceptions this season.
- Steven Anderson has rushed for 300 yards on 73 carries so far this year while scoring five times on the ground.
- Deneric Prince has compiled 297 yards on 42 carries with three touchdowns.
- Keylon Stokes has racked up 802 receiving yards on 48 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring four touchdowns as a receiver.
- JuanCarlos Santana has 33 receptions (on 59 targets) for a total of 524 yards (74.9 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Malachai Jones’ 44 targets have resulted in 26 grabs for 345 yards and two touchdowns.
- Joseph Anderson leads the team with 2.0 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Justin Wright has 39 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.