Table of Contents
Seydou Traore will lead the Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-6) into their battle versus the South Alabama Jaguars (5-2) at Centennial Bank Stadium on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET.
The Jaguars are expected to win by double digits (currently -10) versus the Red Wolves. The over/under for this game is 55.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for South Alabama vs. Arkansas State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Stadium: Centennial Bank Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
South Alabama Betting Insights
- Arkansas State is 6-2-0 against the spread this year.
- In games it has played as at least 10-point underdogs this season, Arkansas State is 2-1 against the spread.
- Arkansas State games have hit the over in five out of eight opportunities (62.5%).
South Alabama Stats & Insights
- South Alabama owns the 44th-ranked offense this year (431.4 yards per game), and has been even better on the other side of the ball, ranking 20th-best with just 314.3 yards allowed per game.
- South Alabama sports the 54th-ranked offense this year (31.7 points per game), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 24th-best with only 19.7 points allowed per game.
- Offensively, South Alabama has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 25th-best in the FBS by compiling 288.1 per game. The Jaguars rank 48th on defense (214.4 passing yards allowed per game).
- On the defensive side of the ball, South Alabama has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 11th-best by surrendering only 99.9 per game. The Jaguars rank 77th on offense (143.3 rushing yards per game).
- South Alabama ranks 36th in third-down percentage this year (45.0%), but has been thriving on defense, ranking 10th-best in the FBS with a 29.0% third-down percentage allowed.
- With 15 forced turnovers (14th in the FBS) against seven turnovers committed (20th in the FBS), South Alabama’s +8 turnover margin is the seventh-best in college football.
South Alabama’s Best Players
- Carter Bradley has 1,909 passing yards for South Alabama, completing 65.1% of his passes and collecting 13 touchdowns and five interceptions this season.
- La’Damian Webb has carried the ball 99 times for a team-high 482 yards on the ground and has found the end zone six times. He’s also tacked on 13 catches for 139 yards (19.9 per game) and one touchdown via the pass.
- This season, Omni Wells has carried the ball 34 times for 156 yards (22.3 per game).
- Jalen Wayne’s leads his squad with 563 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 40 catches (out of 60 targets) and scored five touchdowns.
- Caullin Lacy has hauled in 42 receptions totaling 540 yards, finding the end zone three times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Devin Voisin has hauled in 35 catches for 438 yards, an average of 62.6 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
- CJ Rias has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- South Alabama’s leading tackler, Trey Kiser, has 23 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks this year.
- Yam Banks leads the team with four interceptions, while also collecting 11 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
Arkansas State Betting Insights
- Arkansas State’s ATS record is 6-2-0 this season.
- Arkansas State is 2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 10 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Arkansas State’s eight games with a set total.
Arkansas State Stats & Insights
- Arkansas State ranks 103rd with 349.3 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 98th with 409.0 total yards ceded per contest on defense.
- In terms of points scored Arkansas State ranks 68th in the FBS (28.8 points per game), and it is 104th on the other side of the ball (31.1 points allowed per game).
- With 242.8 passing yards per game on offense, Arkansas State ranks 65th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 102nd, surrendering 260.8 passing yards per contest.
- Arkansas State’s rushing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up 106.5 rushing yards per game, which ranks 17th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 73rd with 148.3 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- With a 35.0% third-down conversion rate on offense, Arkansas State ranks 102nd in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 60th, allowing a 37.4% third-down rate.
- After forcing seven turnovers (111th in the FBS) and turning the ball over five times (seventh in the FBS) this season, Arkansas State has the 49th-ranked turnover margin of +2.
Arkansas State’s Best Players
- James Blackman has thrown for 1,695 yards on 69.3% passing while collecting 11 touchdown passes with one interception this season.
- Johnnie Lang Jr. is his team’s leading rusher with 82 carries for 313 yards, or 39.1 per game. He’s found the end zone two times on the ground, as well. Lang has also chipped in with 15 catches for 156 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Brian Snead has collected 277 yards (on 74 carries) with six touchdowns.
- Traore has racked up 474 receiving yards on 31 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring three touchdowns as a receiver.
- Champ Flemings has put up a 352-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 29 passes on 34 targets.
- Jeff Foreman’s 16 grabs (on 32 targets) have netted him 321 yards (40.1 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- Dennard Flowers has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- Jordan Carmouche, Arkansas State’s tackle leader, has 33 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Eddie Smith has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 19 tackles and two passes defended to his name.