Table of Contents
The Cleveland Cavaliers (3-1) are 5.5-point underdogs as they look to continue a three-game win streak when they visit the Boston Celtics (3-1) on Friday, October 28, 2022 at TD Garden. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS and BSOH. The matchup has an over/under of 219.5.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Celtics vs. Cavaliers
- Game Day: Friday, October 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBCS-BOS and BSOH
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Arena: TD Garden
Celtics Betting Stats & Information
- The Celtics put together a 44-16 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 73.3% of those games).
- When it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -225 or shorter last year, Boston finished with a record of 31-7 (81.6%).
- The Celtics’ record against the spread last year was 44-36-2.
- As 5.5-point favorites or more, the Celtics went 21-17-2 against the spread last season.
- The average point total for Boston’s games last year was 3.3 fewer points than the over/under of 219.5 in this matchup.
- There were 40 Celtics games (out of 82) that hit the over last season.
Cleveland Betting Stats & Info
- The Cavaliers were underdogs 42 times last season and won 15, or 35.7%, of those games.
- Last season, Cleveland won seven of its 20 games, or 35%, when it was the underdog by at least +186 on the moneyline.
- The Cavaliers had 42 wins in 82 games against the spread last season.
- As 5.5-point underdogs or greater, the Cavaliers went 14-10 against the spread last season.
- Cleveland’s games in 2021 averaged an over/under of 213.5 points, 6.0 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The Cavaliers had 37 of their 82 games hit the over last season.
Celtics vs. Cavaliers Last Season Stat Comparison
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Boston Celtics Leaders
- Jayson Tatum accumulated 26.9 points and 8.0 rebounds per game last season.
- Marcus Smart averaged 5.9 assists per game while also scoring 12.1 points per contest.
- Tatum hit an average of 3.0 shots per game from beyond the arc a season ago.
Cleveland Cavaliers Leaders
- Donovan Mitchell contributed 25.9 points per game last season.
- Evan Mobley grabbed 8.3 rebounds per game and Darius Garland averaged 8.6 assists per game.
- Mitchell had a solid showing from long distance a season ago. He knocked down 3.5 shots from deep per game.