Table of Contents
The Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies face off for Game 3 of the World Series on Monday 8:03 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. The series is tied 1-1. Houston’s Lance McCullers Jr. gets the start against Philadelphia’s Noah Syndergaard.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Monday, October 31, 2022
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are fourth-best in baseball with 214 total home runs.
- The Astros rank 13th in MLB with a .247 batting average.
- The Astros rank seventh in the league with an on-base percentage of .319.
- The Astros strike out 7.3 times per game to rank second in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.2 homers per game when playing on the road this season (98 total in road contests).
- The Astros have a .401 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .239 away from home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 144 hits and an OBP of .406 this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Alvarez ranks seventh in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks while hitting .259.
- Among all qualified, Bregman is 63rd in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage.
- Bregman takes a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Jose Altuve has hit 28 homers with a team-high .531 SLG this season.
- Altuve has recorded a hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .318 with two doubles and a walk.
- Kyle Tucker has been key for Houston with 140 hits, an OBP of .330 plus a slugging percentage of .478.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies have hit 205 homers this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Phillies rank ninth in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- The Phillies have the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 81 home contests this season.
- In 81 home games this season, they’re slugging .440 with 255 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .259 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber has 126 hits, a team-best for the Phillies.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Schwarber’s batting average is 123rd, his on-base percentage is 71st, and he is 15th in slugging.
- Schwarber brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .375 with two home runs, six walks and two RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto leads his team with a .340 on-base percentage.
- Including all qualified hitters, Realmuto’s batting average places him 34th, his on-base percentage is 45th, and he is 25th in slugging.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .246 with 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks.
- Alec Bohm is slugging .398 to pace his team.
Astros vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers