Table of Contents
On Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, the Indiana Hoosiers (3-5) will host the Penn State Nittany Lions (6-2).
The Nittany Lions are expected to win by at least two TDs (currently -14) against the Hoosiers. The over/under for this matchup is 50 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Penn State vs. Indiana
- Game Day: Saturday, November 5, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Bloomington, Indiana
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium (Bloomington, IN)
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Penn State Betting Insights
- Indiana has a 3-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- Indiana has a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 14 points or more this season.
- Indiana games have hit the over in four out of eight opportunities (50%).
Penn State Stats & Insights
- Penn State is averaging 430.9 yards per game on offense this season (41st in the FBS), and are surrendering 382.9 yards per game (74th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive standpoint, Penn State ranks 39th in the FBS with 33.1 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 39th in points allowed (382.9 points allowed per contest).
- Penn State is averaging 260.9 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 49th in the FBS. The defense ranks 88th, giving up 246.9 passing yards per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Penn State ranks 54th in the FBS with 170.0 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 58th in rushing yards allowed per contest (136.0).
- Penn State is averaging a 35.6% third-down conversion rate offensively this season (98th in the FBS), and is surrendering a 33.9% third-down percentage (36th) on defense.
- Penn State has forced 14 total turnovers (26th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 11 times (61st in the FBS) for +3a turnover margin of +3, 41st-ranked in college football.
Penn State’s Best Players
- Sean Clifford has 1,816 yards passing for Penn State, completing 62.8% of his passes and recording 16 touchdowns and six interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 140 rushing yards (17.5 ypg) on 40 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton has racked up 597 yards on 95 carries while finding the end zone seven times.
- This season, Kaytron Allen has carried the ball 90 times for 472 yards (59.0 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Parker Washington’s 567 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 55 times and has totaled 41 catches and two touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley has caught 33 passes while averaging 45.5 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Brenton Strange’s 21 receptions have yielded 258 yards and four touchdowns.
- John Dixon has collected 3.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL, 12 tackles, and one interception.
- Ji’Ayir Brown has 46 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and three interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Indiana Betting Insights
- Indiana is 3-5-0 ATS this year.
- Indiana has a 1-1 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 14 points or more this season.
- Four of Indiana’s eight games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Indiana Stats & Insights
- Indiana is generating 345.6 total yards per game on offense this season (106th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 414.8 total yards per contest (99th-ranked).
- From an offensive perspective, Indiana is accumulating 24.5 points per contest (93rd-ranked). It ranks 100th in the FBS on defense (30.6 points given up per game).
- In terms of passing, Indiana ranks 44th in the FBS (265.3 passing yards per game) and 102nd on the other side of the ball (259.5 passing yards allowed per contest).
- Indiana’s rushing offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 80.4 rushing yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 83rd with 155.3 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- With a 37.2% third-down conversion rate on offense, Indiana ranks 88th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 91st, giving up a 41.7% third-down rate.
- With nine forced turnovers (96th in the FBS) and 14 turnovers committed (92nd in the FBS) this season, Indiana ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of -5.
Indiana’s Best Players
- Connor Bazelak has compiled 2,099 yards (262.4 yards per game) while completing 54.8% of his passes and collecting 12 touchdown passes with nine interceptions this season.
- Shaun Shivers is his team’s leading rusher with 103 carries for 405 yards, or 50.6 per game. He’s found paydirt four times on the ground, as well. Shivers has also chipped in with 20 catches for 121 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Josh Henderson has 223 receiving yards (27.9 ypg) on 17 catches and three touchdowns while piling up 242 rushing yards on 56 attempts with three touchdowns.
- Cam Camper’s 569 receiving yards (71.1 yards per game) lead the team. He has 46 receptions on 83 targets with two touchdowns.
- Emery Simmons has caught 29 passes and compiled 309 receiving yards (38.6 per game) with one touchdown.
- Dasan McCullough has 4.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Aaron Casey is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s picked up 54 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
- Josh Sanguinetti leads the team with one interception, while also putting up 11 tackles and one pass defended.