Table of Contents
On Saturday at 4:00 PM ET, the South Alabama Jaguars (6-2) will visit the Georgia Southern Eagles (5-3).
The Jaguars are the favorites (-4) in their game versus the Eagles, with the over/under at 60.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Jaguars are -177 and the Eagles are +144.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for South Alabama vs. Georgia Southern
- Game Day: Saturday, November 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Statesboro, Georgia
- Stadium: Allen E. Paulson Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
South Alabama Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern has a 6-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- Georgia Southern is 3-1 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- In Georgia Southern’s eight games with a set total, four have hit the over (50%).
South Alabama Stats & Insights
- South Alabama owns the 45th-ranked offense this season (422.8 yards per game), and has been even more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 11th-best with just 294.8 yards allowed per game.
- South Alabama sports the 54th-ranked offense this year (31.6 points per game), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 16th-best with just 17.6 points allowed per game.
- On offense, South Alabama ranks 34th in the FBS with 274.5 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 42nd in passing yards allowed per contest (209.8).
- South Alabama owns the 70th-ranked offense this year in terms of rushing yards (148.3 per game), and has been better defensively, ranking fourth-best with just 85.0 rushing yards allowed per game.
- South Alabama owns the 52nd-ranked offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (41.7% conversion rate), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking eighth-best with a 27.1% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- South Alabama has the sixth-best turnover margin in college football at +9, forcing 16 turnovers (14th in the FBS) while turning it over seven times (12th in the FBS).
South Alabama’s Best Players
- Carter Bradley has compiled 2,088 yards (261.0 ypg) on 172-of-262 passing with 14 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- La’Damian Webb has carried the ball 127 times for a team-high 644 yards on the ground and has found the end zone nine times as a runner. He’s also tacked on 14 catches for 145 yards (18.1 per game) and one touchdown via the passing game.
- Omni Wells has carried the ball 36 times for 157 yards (19.6 per game).
- Jalen Wayne’s 646 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 64 times and has totaled 43 receptions and six touchdowns.
- Caullin Lacy has hauled in 45 receptions totaling 569 yards, finding the end zone three times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Devin Voisin has been the target of 49 passes and racked up 36 receptions for 436 yards, an average of 54.5 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
- Jamie Sheriff has collected 4.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 2.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Trey Kiser is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s picked up 28 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Yam Banks has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 14 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and five passes defended.
Georgia Southern Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern is 6-2-0 against the spread this year.
- Georgia Southern has a 3-1 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 4 points or more.
- Out of Georgia Southern’s eight games with a set total, four have hit the over (50%).
Georgia Southern Stats & Insights
- While Georgia Southern’s defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking fourth-worst by surrendering 484.5 total yards per game, its offense ranks 11th-best with 494.5 total yards per contest.
- Georgia Southern’s offense has been dominant, compiling 36.9 points per contest (20th-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 99th by surrendering 30.4 points per game.
- Georgia Southern ranks 18th-worst in passing yards allowed per game (272.0), but at least it has been getting things done on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in passing yards per game (337.9).
- Georgia Southern has been struggling against the run, ranking sixth-worst with 212.5 rushing yards surrendered per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, compiling 156.6 rushing yards per contest (62nd-ranked).
- Georgia Southern’s third-down offense has been thriving, producing a 54.6% third-down conversion percentage (third-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 73rd by allowing a 39.0% third-down rate.
- After forcing 12 turnovers (62nd in the FBS) and turning the ball over 13 times (80th in the FBS) this season, Georgia Southern has the 100th-ranked turnover margin of -1.
Georgia Southern’s Best Players
- Kyle Vantrease leads Georgia Southern with 2,703 yards on 232-of-374 passing with 18 touchdowns compared to 12 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Jalen White, has carried the ball 132 times for 679 yards (84.9 per game) with nine touchdowns. He’s also caught 18 passes for 183 yards and one touchdown.
- Gerald Green has run for 404 yards across 71 attempts, scoring six touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood leads his team with 609 receiving yards on 53 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has recorded 546 receiving yards (68.3 yards per game) and five touchdowns on 45 receptions.
- Jeremy Singleton has racked up 496 reciving yards (62.0 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Justin Ellis leads the team with 2.5 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Anthony Wilson, Georgia Southern’s leading tackler, has 20 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception this year.
- Tyler Bride leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 10 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two passes defended.