Table of Contents
Israel Abanikanda and the Pittsburgh Panthers (4-4) will host Sean Tucker and the Syracuse Orange (6-2) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, in a matchup between a pair of star running backs.
The Orange are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4), against the Panthers (with an over/under of 48 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse
- Game Day: Saturday, November 5, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Pittsburgh Betting Insights
- Syracuse is 6-2-0 ATS this season.
- Syracuse is 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Syracuse’s eight games with a set total.
Pittsburgh Stats & Insights
- Pittsburgh is putting up 409.5 yards per game offensively this year (63rd in the FBS), and are surrendering 351.1 yards per game (40th) on the other side of the ball.
- On offense, Pittsburgh ranks 61st in the FBS with 30.5 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 78th in points allowed (351.1 points allowed per contest).
- From an offensive standpoint, Pittsburgh ranks 80th in the FBS with 227.4 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 68th in passing yards allowed per contest (231.1).
- Pittsburgh ranks 44th in run offense (182.1 rushing yards per game) and 30th in run defense (120.0 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Offensively, Pittsburgh ranks 73rd in the FBS with a 38.9% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 33rd in third-down conversion rate allowed (120.0).
- With 10 forced turnovers (87th in the FBS) against 13 turnovers committed (80th in the FBS), Pittsburgh (-3) has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Pittsburgh’s Best Players
- Kedon Slovis has 1,561 pass yards for Pittsburgh, completing 58.2% of his passes and tossing five touchdowns and five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Abanikanda, has carried the ball 183 times for 1,086 yards (135.8 per game), scoring 16 times.
- This season, Vincent Davis has carried the ball 43 times for 239 yards (29.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jared Wayne’s team-high 572 yards as a receiver have come on 32 catches (out of 54 targets) with one touchdown.
- Konata Mumpfield has put up a 289-yard season so far with one touchdown, reeling in 30 passes on 51 targets.
- Gavin Bartholomew has been the target of 26 passes and racked up 16 catches for 253 yards, an average of 31.6 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Sirvocea Dennis leads the team with 4.5 sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has recorded 5.0 TFL and 36 tackles.
- Erick Hallett has a team-high three interceptions to go along with 21 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and five passes defended.
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Syracuse is 6-2-0 ATS this year.
- When it has played as at least 4-point underdogs this season, Syracuse is 2-0 against the spread.
- Syracuse games have hit the over in three out of eight opportunities (37.5%).
Syracuse Stats & Insights
- Syracuse’s defense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 16th-best in the FBS with 303.1 total yards allowed per contest. In terms of offense, it is accumulating 396.1 total yards per game, which ranks 70th.
- Syracuse ranks 43rd in the FBS with 32.6 points per game, but it has been lifted up by its defense, which ranks 19th-best by allowing just 18.4 points per contest.
- Syracuse has been thriving on pass defense, surrendering just 164.5 passing yards per contest (fourth-best). Offensively, it ranks 75th in the FBS by accumulating 231.8 passing yards per game.
- With 164.4 rushing yards per game on offense, Syracuse ranks 59th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 62nd, allowing 138.6 rushing yards per contest.
- Syracuse is posting a 41.8% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (50th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering a 37.6% third-down rate (65th-ranked) on defense.
- Syracuse has compiled 14 forced turnovers (26th in the FBS) and committed nine turnovers (31st in the FBS) this season for a +5 turnover margin that ranks 27th in the FBS.
Syracuse’s Best Players
- Garrett Shrader has been a dual threat for Syracuse this season. He has 1,632 passing yards (204.0 per game) while completing 67.2% of his passes. He’s tossed 14 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. On the ground, he’s compiled 374 yards (46.8 ypg) on 101 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Tucker has carried the ball 145 times for a team-high 756 yards (94.5 per game) with seven touchdowns. He also leads the team through the air, as his 32 receptions this season are good for 243 yards, and he’s scored two touchdowns in the passing game.
- Oronde Gadsden II leads his team with 677 receiving yards on 41 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Devaughn Cooper has racked up 229 reciving yards (28.6 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Steve Linton leads the team with 4.0 sacks, and also has 4.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Mikel Jones is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 43 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Ja’Had Carter has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 14 tackles and two passes defended to his name.