Table of Contents
On Thursday at 7:30 PM ET, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (4-5) will host the Georgia Southern Eagles (5-4).
The Eagles are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), versus the Ragin’ Cajuns (with an over/under of 59.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern
- Game Day: Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
- Stadium: Cajun Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Louisiana Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern has a 6-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- When it has played as at least 3-point underdogs this year, Georgia Southern is 3-2 against the spread.
- Georgia Southern games have hit the over in five out of nine opportunities (55.6%).
Louisiana Stats & Insights
- Louisiana is averaging 361.0 yards per game on offense (92nd in the FBS), and rank 35th on defense, yielding 346.4 yards allowed per game.
- Louisiana is totaling 25.6 points per game on offense this season (86th in the FBS), and is giving up 21.7 points per game (36th) on defense.
- On offense, Louisiana ranks 78th in the FBS with 226.9 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 51st in passing yards allowed per contest (216.7).
- Louisiana ranks 89th in run offense (134.1 rushing yards per game) and 47th in run defense (129.8 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Louisiana ranks 56th in third-down efficiency (41.2%) on offense and 75th in third-down percentage allowed (39.6%) on defense this season.
- Louisiana has forced 20 total turnovers (seventh in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 12 times (56th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +8, the ninth-best in college football.
Louisiana’s Best Players
- Ben Wooldridge has thrown for 1,434 yards (159.3 ypg) to lead Louisiana, completing 56.6% of his passes and tossing 12 touchdown passes compared to four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 149 rushing yards on 42 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Chris Smith has 405 rushing yards on 75 carries with two touchdowns.
- Terrence Williams has been handed the ball 79 times this year and racked up 274 yards (30.4 per game) with one touchdown.
- Michael Jefferson’s team-high 616 yards as a receiver have come on 36 receptions (out of 63 targets) with five touchdowns.
- Neal Johnson has hauled in 20 receptions totaling 257 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jacob Bernard’s 10 receptions are good enough for 173 yards and one touchdown.
- Zi’Yon Hill paces the team with 6.5 sacks, and also has 10.0 TFL and 34 tackles.
- Jourdon Quibodeaux, Louisiana’s leading tackler, has 61 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Bralen Trahan leads the team with four interceptions, while also collecting 50 tackles and four passes defended.
Georgia Southern Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern is 6-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Georgia Southern has a 3-2 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 3 points or more.
- Five of Georgia Southern’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (55.6%).
Georgia Southern Stats & Insights
- Georgia Southern ranks third-worst in total yards allowed per game on defense (487.8), but at least it has been getting things done on offense, ranking 19th-best in total yards per game (480.2).
- Georgia Southern ranks 23rd-worst in points allowed per game on defense (31.2), but at least it has been surging on offense, ranking 24th-best in points per contest (36.2).
- Georgia Southern ranks 25th-worst in passing yards allowed per game (263.2), but at least it has been excelling on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in passing yards per game (331.2).
- Georgia Southern’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in run defense this season, surrendering 224.6 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 67th with 149.0 rushing yards per contest.
- Georgia Southern’s third-down defense ranks 83rd in the FBS with a 40.8% third-down conversion rate allowed, but it has been led by its offense, which ranks fifth-best by compiling a 52.8% third-down rate.
- Georgia Southern sports a +1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 62nd in the FBS.
Georgia Southern’s Best Players
- Kyle Vantrease has 2,981 passing yards, or 331.2 per game, so far this season. He has completed 61.6% of his passes and has recorded 20 touchdowns with 13 interceptions.
- Jalen White is his team’s leading rusher with 142 carries for 744 yards, or 82.7 per game. He’s found the end zone 10 times on the ground, as well. White has also chipped in with 19 catches for 189 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Gerald Green has run for 431 yards across 76 carries, scoring six touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood has hauled in 685 receiving yards on 60 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has 53 receptions (on 97 targets) for a total of 642 yards (71.3 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- Jeremy Singleton’s 48 catches (on 73 targets) have netted him 507 yards (56.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Justin Ellis has collected 3.5 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 2.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Anthony Wilson is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 20 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Tyler Bride has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 10 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two passes defended to his name.