Table of Contents
The East Carolina Pirates (6-3) play on Friday at 8:00 PM ET at Nippert Stadium against the Cincinnati Bearcats (7-2).
The Bearcats are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6.5), versus the Pirates. The over/under for this matchup is 53.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Cincinnati vs. East Carolina
- Game Day: Friday, November 11, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Nippert Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Cincinnati Betting Insights
- East Carolina’s ATS record is 6-3-0 this year.
- When it has played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this season, East Carolina is 1-0 against the spread.
- East Carolina has hit the over in four of their nine games with a set total (44.4%).
Cincinnati Stats & Insights
- Cincinnati sports the 61st-ranked offense this year (406.4 yards per game), and has been even better defensively, ranking 21st-best with just 322.6 yards allowed per game.
- Cincinnati is averaging 33.2 points per game on offense this season (35th in the FBS), and is allowing 21.0 points per game (26th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Cincinnati ranks 34th in passing yards this season (273.9 per game), but has been thriving on defense, ranking 19th-best in the FBS with 180.9 passing yards allowed per game.
- Cincinnati ranks 92nd in run offense (132.6 rushing yards per game) and 65th in run defense (141.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Cincinnati is putting up a 37.7% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 87th in the FBS. On defense, the defense ranks 87th, giving up a 41.3% third-down percentage.
- Cincinnati has forced 12 total turnovers (70th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 10 times (30th in the FBS) for +2a turnover margin of +2, 53rd-ranked in college football.
Cincinnati’s Best Players
- Ben Bryant has thrown for 2,358 yards (262.0 ypg) to lead Cincinnati, completing 63.5% of his passes and tossing 18 touchdown passes compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Charles McClelland, has carried the ball 114 times for 727 yards (80.8 per game), scoring six times.
- Corey Kiner has been handed the ball 66 times this year and racked up 298 yards (33.1 per game) with five touchdowns.
- Tyler Scott has hauled in 43 catches for 686 yards (76.2 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone eight times as a receiver.
- Tre Tucker has caught 45 passes while averaging 58.9 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Jadon Thompson has a total of 341 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 19 passes and scoring one touchdown.
- Ivan Pace Jr., the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 9.0 sacks, 13.0 TFL and 67 tackles.
- Ja’Von Hicks has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 27 tackles and two passes defended.
East Carolina Betting Insights
- East Carolina is 6-3-0 against the spread this season.
- East Carolina is a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this year.
- Four of East Carolina’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (44.4%).
East Carolina Stats & Insights
- East Carolina’s defense ranks 79th in the FBS with 392.4 total yards given up per contest, but it has been lifted up by its offense, which ranks 22nd-best by racking up 467.2 total yards per contest.
- East Carolina is accumulating 32.6 points per contest on offense this season (39th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 23.2 points per game (48th-ranked) on defense.
- While East Carolina’s pass defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking 23rd-worst by surrendering 265.3 passing yards per game, its offense ranks 16th-best with 296.8 passing yards per contest.
- In terms of rushing, East Carolina ranks 54th in the FBS on offense (170.4 rushing yards per game) and 41st on the other side of the ball (127.1 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- East Carolina’s third-down defense ranks 79th in the FBS with a 40.5% third-down conversion rate surrendered, but it has been lifted up by its offense, which ranks ninth-best by posting a 50.8% third-down rate.
- East Carolina has thrived in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +6 ranks 22nd-best in the FBS, with 13 forced turnovers (53rd in the nation) and seven turnovers committed (11th in the nation).
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers leads East Carolina with 2,632 yards on 223-of-318 passing with 18 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 132 rushing yards (14.7 ypg) on 53 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Keaton Mitchell is his team’s leading rusher with 122 carries for 863 yards, or 95.9 per game. He’s found the end zone nine times on the ground, as well. Mitchell has also chipped in with 19 catches for 136 yards.
- Marlon Gunn Jr. has racked up 298 yards (on 54 attempts).
- Isaiah Winstead’s 871 receiving yards (96.8 yards per game) are a team high. He has 64 catches on 91 targets with three touchdowns.
- C.J. Johnson has caught 44 passes and compiled 702 receiving yards (78.0 per game) with eight touchdowns.
- Ryan Jones’ 42 targets have resulted in 35 grabs for 362 yards and four touchdowns.
- Shaundre Mims has collected 3.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- East Carolina’s leading tackler, Julius Wood, has 42 tackles and two interceptions this year.
- Malik Fleming has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 23 tackles and two passes defended to his name.