Table of Contents
The Atlanta Falcons (4-5) take on a fellow NFC South foe when they visit the Carolina Panthers (2-7) on Thursday, November 10, 2022 at Bank of America Stadium.
The Falcons are the favorites (-3) in their game against the Panthers, with the over/under at 43.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Falcons are -156 and the Panthers are +131.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for Atlanta Falcons vs. Carolina Panthers
- Game Day: Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Falcons
- So far this season, the Falcons have put together a 6-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Falcons have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 3 points or more this season (0-1).
- Five of the Falcons’ nine games with a set total have hit the over (55.6%).
Stats & Insights for Falcons
- Despite having a bottom-five defense that ranks second-worst in the NFL (406.9 yards allowed per game), the Falcons have put up better results on offense, ranking 25th in the NFL by averaging 320.1 yards per game.
- The Falcons are compiling 24.1 points per game on offense, which ranks them ninth in the NFL. On defense, they rank 26th, surrendering 25 points per game.
- The Falcons rank third-worst in passing offense (157.2 passing yards per game) and worst in passing defense (300 passing yards per game allowed) this season.
- The Falcons rank eighth in run defense this season (106.9 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 162.9 rushing yards per game.
- The Falcons sport the sixth-ranked third-down offense this season (45% third-down percentage), but they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fourth-worst with a 47.5% third-down percentage allowed.
- In addition to 6.3 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks second-worst in the NFL, the Falcons have put up the 14th-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.8).
- The Falcons have forced 13 total turnovers (eighth in NFL) this season and have turned it over 12 times (17th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +1, 13th-ranked in the league.
Falcons’ Best Players
- Marcus Mariota: 1,561 PASS YDS / 173.4 YPG / 61.7% / 10 TD / 6 INT / 60 CAR / 304 RUSH YDS / 3 TD
- Tyler Allgeier: 94 CAR / 423 YDS / 52.9 YPG / 1 TD / 6 REC / 95 YDS / 11.9 YPG / 1 TD
- Cordarrelle Patterson: 71 CAR / 384 YDS / 76.8 YPG / 5 TD / 5 REC / 37 YDS / 7.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Drake London: 33 REC / 369 YDS / 41 YPG / 2 TD
- Olamide Zaccheaus: 22 REC / 331 YDS / 36.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Kyle Pitts: 23 REC / 285 YDS / 35.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Grady Jarrett: 32 TKL / 9 TFL / 4.5 SACK / 2 PD
- Rashaan Evans: 85 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 4 PD
- Richie Grant: 61 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 INT / 5 PD
Betting Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers have gone 3-6-0 ATS this season.
- When they have played as at least 3-point underdogs this year, the Panthers are 2-3 against the spread.
- The Panthers have hit the over in four of their nine games with a set total (44.4%).
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers rank third-worst in total yards per game (289.9), but they’ve been better defensively, ranking 27th in the NFL with 370.3 total yards ceded per contest.
- The Panthers have not been getting things done on defense, ranking fourth-worst with 25.3 points allowed per game. They have been more effective on offense, putting up 19.9 points per contest (23rd-ranked).
- The Panthers’ passing offense has been bottom-five this season, posting 184.6 passing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 21st with 231 passing yards allowed per contest.
- The Panthers have been struggling in run defense, ranking fifth-worst with 139.3 rushing yards given up per game. They have been more productive on the other side of the ball, putting up 105.3 rushing yards per contest (22nd-ranked).
- The Panthers rank worst in third-down conversion rate (26.7%), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 25th in the NFL with a 42.6% third-down rate allowed.
- The Panthers rank 17th in the NFL with 5.6 yards per play on offense, and they rank 12th with 5.6 yards allowed per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- With eight forced turnovers (24th in NFL) and 12 turnovers committed (17th in NFL) this season, the Panthers rank 25th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -4.
Best Players for Panthers
- Baker Mayfield: 1,117 PASS YDS / 186.2 YPG / 56.6% / 6 TD / 4 INT
- D’Onta Foreman: 60 CAR / 296 YDS / 32.9 YPG / 3 TD / 4 REC / 25 YDS / 2.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Chuba Hubbard: 15 CAR / 97 YDS / 13.9 YPG / 1 TD / 3 REC / 11 YDS / 1.6 YPG / 0 TD
- D.J. Moore: 35 REC / 449 YDS / 49.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Terrace Marshall Jr.: 13 REC / 201 YDS / 33.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Shi Smith: 9 REC / 125 YDS / 13.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Brian Burns: 38 TKL / 9 TFL / 6 SACK / 1 PD
- Shaq Thompson: 69 TKL / 3 TFL / 3 PD
- Donte Jackson: 32 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 2 PD