Table of Contents
Star wide receiver Brock Bowers and the Georgia Bulldogs (9-0) face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (5-3) on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET, at Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field.
The Georgia Bulldogs are expected to win by at least two TDs (currently -16.5) against the Mississippi State Bulldogs. The over/under for this matchup is 53.5 points.
Create your College Football Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info and Betting Lines for Georgia vs. Mississippi State
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Starkville, Mississippi
- Stadium: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Georgia Betting Insights
- Mississippi State’s ATS record is 4-4-1 this season.
- Mississippi State has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 16.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- Mississippi State has hit the over in five of their nine games with a set total (55.6%).
Georgia Stats & Insights
- Georgia has been a handful for opposing teams, ranking top-25 in both total offense (third-best with 514.2 yards per game) and total defense (fifth-best with 265.6 yards allowed per game) this season.
- Georgia has been finding success on both sides of the ball, ranking ninth-best in scoring offense (40.1 points per game) and second-best in scoring defense (10.8 points allowed per game).
- Georgia has been surging on both offense and defense in the passing game, ranking 10th-best in passing offense (320.2 passing yards per game) and 16th-best in passing defense (179.1 passing yards allowed per game).
- Georgia ranks 29th in rushing yards this year (194.0 rushing yards per game), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking sixth-best in the FBS with 86.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Georgia has been a tough opponent for opposing teams on third down, ranking top-25 in both third-down offense (fifth-best with a 52.8% third-down conversion rate) and third-down defense (sixth-best with a 27.2% third-down conversion rate allowed) this year.
- Georgia ranks 62nd in college football with a +1 turnover margin after forcing 11 turnovers (81st in the FBS) while committing 10 (30th in the FBS).
Georgia’s Best Players
- Stetson Bennett has 2,606 passing yards for Georgia, completing 67.6% of his passes and recording 11 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 130 rushing yards (14.4 ypg) on 29 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Daijun Edwards has carried the ball 86 times for a team-high 488 yards on the ground and has found the end zone seven times.
- Kenny McIntosh has carried the ball 78 times for 384 yards (42.7 per game) and six touchdowns while also racking up 322 yards through the air, scoring one time.
- Bowers’ team-leading 574 yards as a receiver have come on 34 receptions (out of 53 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Ladd McConkey has caught 38 passes for 507 yards (56.3 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Darnell Washington has hauled in 19 grabs for 332 yards, an average of 36.9 yards per game..
- Jamon Dumas-Johnson has racked up 3.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 6.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- So far Malaki Starks leads the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has totaled 30 tackles and two interceptions this season.
Mississippi State Betting Insights
- So far this season, Mississippi State has put together a 4-4-1 record against the spread.
- Mississippi State is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 16.5 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Mississippi State’s nine games with a set total.
Mississippi State Stats & Insights
- From an offensive angle, Mississippi State is posting 410.8 total yards per contest (55th-ranked). It ranks 56th in the FBS on defense (364.4 total yards given up per game).
- From an offensive perspective, Mississippi State is posting 31.8 points per game (47th-ranked). It ranks 45th in the FBS defensively (22.9 points given up per game).
- Mississippi State’s pass offense has been consistently moving the chains, compiling 320.3 passing yards per game (ninth-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 63rd by giving up 227.1 passing yards per game.
- Mississippi State’s rushing offense has been bottom-25 this season, registering 90.5 rushing yards per game, which ranks sixth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 56th with 137.3 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- Mississippi State ranks 60th in the FBS with a 40.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 47th with a 36.4% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball.
- With 14 forced turnovers (40th in the FBS) and 10 turnovers committed (30th in the FBS) this season, Mississippi State ranks 38th in the FBS with a turnover margin of +4.
Mississippi State’s Best Players
- Will Rogers leads Mississippi State with 2,901 yards on 299-of-439 passing with 26 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- Dillon Johnson is his team’s leading rusher with 72 carries for 417 yards, or 46.3 per game. He’s found the end zone three times on the ground, as well. Johnson has also chipped in with 35 catches for 209 yards.
- Jo’Quavious Marks has racked up 77 carries and totaled 357 yards with seven touchdowns while also gaining 204 yards through the air .
- Rara Thomas leads his squad with 540 receiving yards on 36 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Caleb Ducking has caught 37 passes and compiled 396 receiving yards (44.0 per game) with eight touchdowns.
- Rufus Harvey’s 57 targets have resulted in 38 receptions for 356 yards and two touchdowns.
- Tyrus Wheat paces the team with 5.0 sacks, and also has 6.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Nathaniel Watson is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s collected 66 tackles, 4.0 TFL, four sacks, and one interception.
- Emmanuel Forbes has picked off a team-high five passes. He also has 17 tackles and five passes defended to his name.