Table of Contents
One of the top running backs in college football will be featured when Mohamed Ibrahim and the Minnesota Golden Gophers (6-3) host the Northwestern Wildcats (1-8) on Saturday, November 12, 2022.
The Golden Gophers are very big favorites (currently -17.5) in their game versus the Wildcats, with the over/under being 41 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Golden Gophers are -989 and the Wildcats are +609.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Minnesota vs. Northwestern
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Huntington Bank Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Minnesota Betting Insights
- Northwestern is 3-5-0 against the spread this season.
- Northwestern is a perfect 2-0 against the spread when an underdog by 17.5 points or more this year.
- Out of Northwestern’s eight games with a set total, three have hit the over (37.5%).
Minnesota Stats & Insights
- Minnesota ranks 59th in total offense this year (407.9 yards per game), but has been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking eighth-best in the FBS with 407.9 yards allowed per game.
- On defense, Minnesota has been a top-25 unit, ranking fourth-best by giving up just 14.2 points per game. The offense ranks 54th (30.6 points per game).
- Minnesota ranks 106th in passing yards this year (195.7 per game), but has been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the FBS with 162.9 passing yards allowed per game.
- Minnesota has been clicking on all fronts in the running game this season, ranking 16th-best in rushing offense (212.2 rushing yards per game) and 19th-best in rushing defense (110.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Minnesota has been thriving on both offense and defense in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking best in third-down percentage (56.6%) and second-best in third-down conversion rate allowed (25.5%).
- Minnesota ranks 38th in college football with a +4 turnover margin after forcing 14 turnovers (40th in the FBS) and committing 10 (30th in the FBS).
Minnesota’s Best Players
- Tanner Morgan has thrown for 1,324 yards (147.1 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 67.3% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes compared to five interceptions this season.
- Ibrahim has racked up 1,083 yards on 202 carries while finding paydirt 15 times as a runner.
- Treyson Potts has piled up 369 yards on 75 attempts, scoring three times.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has hauled in 28 catches for 358 yards (39.8 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone two times as a receiver.
- Mike Brown-Stephens has hauled in 22 receptions totaling 338 yards so far this campaign.
- Daniel Jackson has been the target of 38 passes and racked up 23 catches for 321 yards, an average of 35.7 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Danny Striggow has 3.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 4.0 TFL, 16 tackles, and one interception.
- Mariano Sori-Marin, Minnesota’s top tackler, has 62 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Tyler Nubin has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 40 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended to his name.
Northwestern Betting Insights
- So far this season, Northwestern has compiled a 3-5-0 record against the spread.
- When it has played as at least 17.5-point underdogs this year, Northwestern is 2-0 against the spread.
- Three of Northwestern’s eight games with a set total have hit the over (37.5%).
Northwestern Stats & Insights
- In terms of total yards, Northwestern ranks 95th in the FBS (354.0 total yards per game) and 80th defensively (392.8 total yards allowed per contest).
- Northwestern’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 16.7 points per game, which ranks sixth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 82nd with 27.9 points surrendered per contest.
- With 230.3 passing yards per game on offense, Northwestern ranks 73rd in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 38th, giving up 204.7 passing yards per game.
- Northwestern ranks 102nd in rushing yards per game (123.7), but it has been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking 20th-worst in the FBS with 188.1 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- Northwestern is putting up a 38.8% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (76th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering a 42.2% third-down rate (102nd-ranked) on defense.
- Northwestern has compiled 10 forced turnovers (92nd in the FBS) and committed 19 turnovers (121st in the FBS) this season for a -9 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
Northwestern’s Best Players
- Ryan Hilinski has racked up 1,551 yards on 56.7% passing while recording six touchdown passes with six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Evan Hull, has carried the ball 166 times for 701 yards (77.9 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 465 receiving yards (51.7 per game) on 46 catches with two receiving touchdowns.
- Cam Porter has run for 251 yards across 73 carries, scoring two touchdowns.
- Malik Washington has hauled in 519 receiving yards on 49 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- Donny Navarro has racked up 230 reciving yards (25.6 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Adetomiwa Adebawore has racked up 4.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 3.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Bryce Gallagher is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s racked up 81 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Xander Mueller has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 60 tackles, 6.0 TFL, two sacks, and two passes defended.