Table of Contents
The New York Giants (6-2) host a struggling Houston Texans (1-6-1) squad on Sunday, November 13, 2022 at MetLife Stadium. The Texans have lost three straight games.
The Texans are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+6.5), against the Giants (with an over/under of 39.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for New York Giants vs. Houston Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, November 13, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Giants
- The Giants have posted a 6-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- New York has gone over in two of eight games with a set total (25%).
Stats & Insights for Giants
- The Giants are averaging 320.6 yards per game offensively this season (24th in NFL), and they are allowing 345.6 yards per game (17th) on defense.
- The Giants are averaging 20.4 points per game on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank eighth, allowing 19.6 points per game.
- The Giants rank fourth-worst in passing offense (159.1 passing yards per game), but they’ve been a little better on defense, ranking 16th with 208.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Giants own the 25th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (137.3 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best with 161.5 rushing yards per game.
- Defensively, the Giants have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best by surrendering a 33% third-down conversion rate. They rank 17th on offense (39.6% third-down conversion rate).
- This season, the Giants are putting up 5.3 yards per play (24th in the league), while surrendering 5.9 per play on the defensive side of the ball (19th in the NFL).
- The Giants have forced 10 total turnovers (17th in NFL) this season and have turned it over eight times (fifth in NFL) for a turnover margin of +2, ninth-ranked in the league.
Giants’ Best Players
- Daniel Jones: 1,399 PASS YDS / 174.9 YPG / 65% / 6 TD / 2 INT / 64 CAR / 363 RUSH YDS / 3 TD
- Saquon Barkley: 163 CAR / 779 YDS / 97.4 YPG / 5 TD / 28 REC / 189 YDS / 23.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Darius Slayton: 16 REC / 232 YDS / 33.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Richie James Jr.: 20 REC / 191 YDS / 23.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Dexter Lawrence: 28 TKL / 3 TFL / 4 SACK / 1 PD
- Julian Love: 54 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
Betting Insights for Texans
- The Texans’ ATS record is 4-3-1 this year.
- When they have played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this season, the Texans are 4-1 against the spread.
- Out of the Texans’ eight games with a set total, four have hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Texans
- The Texans have been outplayed on both offense and defense this season, ranking fourth-worst in total offense (290.5 total yards per game) and third-worst in total defense (398.1 total yards allowed per game).
- The Texans have not been getting things done offensively, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 16.6 points per game. They have been more effective on the other side of the ball, allowing 22.9 points per contest (18th-ranked).
- With 188.6 passing yards per game on offense, the Texans rank 27th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 19th, surrendering 217.5 passing yards per contest.
- The Texans have been struggling against the run, ranking worst with 180.6 rushing yards surrendered per game. They have been more effective on offense, posting 101.9 rushing yards per contest (25th-ranked).
- The Texans’ third-down offense has been bottom-five this season, compiling a 31.1% third-down rate, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 19th with a 41.2% third-down rate ceded.
- The Texans’ defense has been struggling in terms of yards given up per play, ranking fourth-worst at 6.2. They have been better offensively, compiling 5.3 yards per play (24th-ranked).
- After forcing 11 turnovers (14th in NFL) and turning the ball over nine times (seventh in NFL) this season, the Texans sport the ninth-ranked turnover margin of +2.
Best Players for Texans
- Davis Mills: 1,656 PASS YDS / 207 YPG / 62.8% / 10 TD / 8 INT
- Dameon Pierce: 148 CAR / 678 YDS / 84.8 YPG / 3 TD / 20 REC / 98 YDS / 12.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Rex Burkhead: 23 CAR / 81 YDS / 10.1 YPG / 0 TD / 25 REC / 131 YDS / 16.4 YPG / 1 TD
- Brandin Cooks: 32 REC / 354 YDS / 50.6 YPG / 1 TD
- Nico Collins: 18 REC / 305 YDS / 50.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Moore: 14 REC / 171 YDS / 24.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Jerry Hughes: 19 TKL / 7 TFL / 7 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD
- Jonathan Owens: 68 TKL / 2 PD
- Jalen Pitre: 57 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 2 PD