Table of Contents
The Texas Longhorns (5-3) host the TCU Horned Frogs (9-0) on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET, in a battle featuring two excellent running backs in Bijan Robinson and Kendre Miller.
The Horned Frogs are expected to lose (currently +7) against the Longhorns (with an over/under of 65 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Texas vs. TCU
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Stadium: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texas Betting Insights
- TCU is 7-1-1 against the spread this year.
- The teams have hit the over in six of TCU’s nine games with a set total.
Texas Stats & Insights
- Texas ranks 31st in total offense (444.5 yards per game) and 63rd in total defense (371.0 yards allowed per game) this year.
- Texas sports the 27th-ranked defense this year (21.1 points allowed per game), and has been better on offense, ranking 23rd-best with 36.4 points per game.
- Texas is putting up 261.9 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 44th in the FBS. The defense ranks 95th, surrendering 249.3 passing yards per contest.
- Texas ranks 45th in run offense (182.6 rushing yards per game) and 33rd in run defense (121.8 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Texas ranks 69th in third-down efficiency (39.4%) on offense and 94th in third-down conversion rate allowed (41.8%) on defense this year.
- Texas has forced eight total turnovers (111th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over seven times (11th in the FBS) for +1a turnover margin of +1, 62nd-ranked in college football.
Texas’ Best Players
- Quinn Ewers has 1,336 yards passing for Texas, completing 57.8% of his passes and recording 13 touchdowns and five interceptions this season.
- Robinson has 1,127 rushing yards on 192 carries with 12 touchdowns. He’s also added 19 catches for 314 yards (34.9 per game) and two touchdowns through the air.
- Roschon Johnson has been handed the ball 68 times this year and racked up 429 yards (47.7 per game) with three touchdowns.
- Xavier Worthy’s team-high 552 yards as a receiver have come on 40 catches (out of 75 targets) with nine touchdowns.
- Ja’Tavion Sanders has caught 39 passes for 450 yards (50.0 yards per game) and five touchdowns this year.
- Jordan Whittington has racked up 31 receptions for 426 yards, an average of 47.3 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
- Barryn Sorrell leads the team with 4.0 sacks, and also has 4.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Jaylan Ford, Texas’ tackle leader, has 75 tackles, 7.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions this year.
- Jahdae Barron has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with 49 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
TCU Betting Insights
- TCU’s ATS record is 7-1-1 this season.
- TCU has gone over in six of their nine games with a set total (66.7%).
TCU Stats & Insights
- TCU’s defense ranks 86th in the FBS with 396.9 total yards allowed per game, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks fourth-best by piling up 508.7 total yards per contest.
- TCU’s offense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks third-best in the FBS with 43.1 points per game. In terms of defense, it is giving up 26.9 points per game, which ranks 73rd.
- TCU’s pass offense has been consistently moving the chains, compiling 289.0 passing yards per game (21st-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 98th by allowing 251.0 passing yards per game.
- TCU’s run offense has been consistently moving the chains, compiling 219.7 rushing yards per contest (14th-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 71st by giving up 145.9 rushing yards per game.
- With a 44.1% third-down conversion rate on offense, TCU ranks 37th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 65th, giving up a 38.0% third-down rate.
- TCU has a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking 16th-best at +7.
TCU’s Best Players
- Max Duggan has thrown for 2,407 yards on 66% passing while collecting 24 touchdown passes with two interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 282 yards with four scores.
- Miller has run for 1,009 yards on 153 carries so far this year while scoring 12 times on the ground.
- Emari Demercado has taken 61 carries and totaled 342 yards with four touchdowns.
- Quentin Johnston’s 650 receiving yards (72.2 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 42 receptions on 67 targets with four touchdowns.
- Taye Barber has put up a 450-yard season so far with three touchdowns. He’s caught 23 passes on 35 targets.
- Derius Davis’ 28 grabs (on 41 targets) have netted him 385 yards (42.8 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- Dee Winters has collected 6.5 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 8.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Jamoi Hodge is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s collected 60 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Bud Clark leads the team with three interceptions, while also recording 12 tackles and three passes defended.