Table of Contents
Demario Douglas will lead the Liberty Flames (8-2) into their matchup against the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-8) at Williams Stadium on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
The Flames are solid favorites (-9.5) in their game against the Hokies, with the over/under being 46.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Flames are -387 and the Hokies are +293.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Liberty vs. Virginia Tech
- Game Day: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Williams Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Liberty Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech has a 3-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- Virginia Tech is a 2-3 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 9.5 points or more this season.
- Virginia Tech has gone over in three of their 10 games with a set total (30%).
Liberty Stats & Insights
- Liberty is compiling 416.1 yards per game on offense (46th in the FBS), and rank 31st on defense, yielding 339.4 yards allowed per game.
- Liberty is putting up 30.3 points per game on offense (52nd in the FBS), and ranks 41st on defense with 22.7 points allowed per game.
- On offense, Liberty ranks 77th in the FBS with 224.0 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 38th in passing yards allowed per contest (205.2).
- Liberty is putting up 192.1 rushing yards per game on offense (32nd in the FBS), and ranks 44th on the other side of the ball with 134.2 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Liberty has the 88th-ranked offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (36.9% percentage), and has been better on defense, ranking 12th-best with a 30.3% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- Liberty has the 60th-ranked turnover margin in college football at +1, forcing 22 turnovers (third in the FBS) while turning it over 21 times (124th in the FBS).
Liberty’s Best Players
- Johnathan Bennett has thrown for 1,364 yards (136.4 ypg) to lead Liberty, completing 58.5% of his passes and tossing 12 touchdown passes compared to nine interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 154 rushing yards on 61 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Dae Dae Hunter has 850 rushing yards on 129 carries with eight touchdowns.
- Shedro Louis has collected 390 yards on 94 attempts, scoring seven times.
- Douglas’ leads his squad with 830 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 56 catches (out of 85 targets) and scored six touchdowns.
- Noah Frith has caught 18 passes for 333 yards (33.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- CJ Yarbrough has compiled 13 receptions for 200 yards, an average of 20.0 yards per game. He’s scored two times as a receiver this season.
- Durrell Johnson has collected 7.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 12.0 TFL, 32 tackles, and one interception.
- Ahmad Walker, Liberty’s tackle leader, has 40 tackles, 7.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception this year.
- Robert Rahimi leads the team with five interceptions, while also putting up 32 tackles and five passes defended.
Virginia Tech Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech is 3-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Virginia Tech is a 2-3 record against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this season.
- Out of Virginia Tech’s 10 games with a set total, three have hit the over (30%).
Virginia Tech Stats & Insights
- Virginia Tech ranks 12th-worst in total yards per game (313.8), but it has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 62nd in the FBS with 374.7 total yards ceded per contest.
- Virginia Tech has not been getting things done on offense, ranking ninth-worst in the FBS with 18.9 points per game. It has been more effective defensively, surrendering 25.0 points per contest (54th-ranked).
- In terms of passing, Virginia Tech ranks 97th in the FBS (208.4 passing yards per game) and 83rd on defense (237.9 passing yards allowed per game).
- Virginia Tech ranks 15th-worst in rushing yards per game (105.4), but it has been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 49th in the FBS with 136.8 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- Virginia Tech’s third-down offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up a 31.4% third-down rate, which ranks 15th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 35th with a 34.6% third-down rate allowed.
- With seven forced turnovers (129th in the FBS) and 15 turnovers committed (75th in the FBS) this season, Virginia Tech ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of -8.
Virginia Tech’s Best Players
- Grant Wells leads Virginia Tech with 2,019 yards on 182-of-312 passing with nine touchdowns compared to nine interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 208 rushing yards (20.8 ypg) on 95 carries while scoring six touchdowns on the ground.
- Keshawn King has carried the ball 63 times for 365 yards, with three touchdowns.
- Jalen Holston has piled up 222 yards (on 64 carries) with two touchdowns.
- Kaleb Smith leads his team with 669 receiving yards on 36 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Da’Wain Lofton has put together a 250-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 21 passes on 40 targets.
- Nick Gallo’s 28 receptions (on 47 targets) have netted him 211 yards (21.1 ypg).
- TyJuan Garbutt has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 5.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- Dax Hollifield is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s picked up 56 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Armani Chatman has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has 16 tackles and one pass defended to his name.