Table of Contents
At 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (4-6) are at home against the Penn State Nittany Lions (8-2).
The Scarlet Knights are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +19) versus the Nittany Lions (with an over/under of 45 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Penn State vs. Rutgers
- Game Day: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
- Stadium: SHI Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Penn State Betting Insights
- Rutgers is 6-4-0 against the spread this year.
- Rutgers is 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 19 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Rutgers’ 10 games with a set total.
Penn State Stats & Insights
- Penn State is averaging 434.3 yards per game offensively this season (35th in the FBS), and are allowing 339.3 yards per game (30th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Penn State ranks 29th in points scored this year (34.0 points per game), but has been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 16th-best in the FBS with 19.0 points allowed per game.
- Penn State is compiling 255.5 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 43rd in the FBS. The defense ranks 52nd, surrendering 218.0 passing yards per contest.
- Penn State is totaling 178.8 rushing yards per game on offense (48th in the FBS), and ranks 27th defensively with 121.3 rushing yards allowed per game.
- On defense, Penn State has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 22nd-best by giving up a 32.2% third-down conversion rate. The team’s offense ranks 93rd (36.3% third-down conversion rate).
- With 18 forced turnovers (24th in the FBS) against 13 turnovers committed (51st in the FBS), Penn State’s +5+5 turnover margin ranks 29th in college football.
Penn State’s Best Players
- Sean Clifford has thrown for 2,184 yards (218.4 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 62.1% of his passes and collecting 17 touchdown passes compared to seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 151 rushing yards on 48 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton has carried the ball 122 times for a team-high 792 yards on the ground and has found the end zone 10 times as a runner.
- Kaytron Allen has carried the ball 124 times for 631 yards (63.1 per game) and eight touchdowns.
- Parker Washington’s team-leading 611 yards as a receiver have come on 46 catches (out of 65 targets) with two touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley has caught 39 passes for 452 yards (45.2 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Brenton Strange has compiled 26 catches for 321 yards, an average of 32.1 yards per game. He’s scored five times as a receiver this season.
- Demeioun Robinson has racked up 4.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 5.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Ji’Ayir Brown has 54 tackles, 4.0 TFL, three sacks, and three interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Rutgers Betting Insights
- So far this season, Rutgers has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread.
- Rutgers has a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 19 points or more this year.
- Five of Rutgers’ 10 games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Rutgers Stats & Insights
- Rutgers ranks 10th-worst in total yards per game on offense (307.3), but at least it has been playing well on the other side of the ball, ranking 20th-best in total yards surrendered per game (321.4).
- Rutgers ranks 18th-worst in points per game (19.9), but it has been more effective defensively, ranking 64th in the FBS with 25.9 points surrendered per contest.
- While Rutgers’ pass offense has been sputtering, ranking 12th-worst with 164.5 passing yards per game, its defense ranks 22nd-best with only 187.0 passing yards ceded per contest.
- With 142.8 rushing yards per game on offense, Rutgers ranks 77th in the FBS. Defensively it ranks 46th, surrendering 134.4 rushing yards per game.
- Rutgers’ offense has been struggling on third down, ranking 15th-worst in the FBS with a 31.4% third-down conversion percentage. It has been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, giving up a 36.3% third-down rate (47th-ranked).
- Rutgers has produced 11 forced turnovers (100th in the FBS) and committed 16 turnovers (85th in the FBS) this season for a -5 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
Rutgers’ Best Players
- Evan Simon has compiled 745 yards (74.5 per game) while completing 57.7% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes with six interceptions this season.
- Kyle Monangai is his team’s leading rusher with 90 carries for 405 yards, or 40.5 per game. He’s found the end zone two times on the ground, as well.
- Samuel Brown V has piled up 373 yards (on 85 attempts) with three touchdowns.
- Aron Cruickshank has racked up 362 receiving yards on 40 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- Sean Ryan has racked up 348 receiving yards (34.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns on 22 receptions.
- Johnny Langan has racked up 251 reciving yards (25.1 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Tyreem Powell has racked up 4.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 5.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Rutgers’ top-tackler, Deion Jennings, has 54 tackles and 4.0 TFL this year.
- Christian Braswell leads the team with three interceptions, while also collecting 19 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.