Table of Contents
At 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (9-1) play at the Virginia Cavaliers (3-7).
The Chanticleers are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2), against the Cavaliers (with an over/under of 44.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Virginia vs. Coastal Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: RSN
- Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
- Stadium: Scott Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Virginia Betting Insights
- Coastal Carolina has gone 4-6-0 ATS this season.
- Coastal Carolina is a perfect 2-0 against the spread when an underdog by 2 points or more this year.
- Coastal Carolina games have gone over the point total in five out of 10 opportunities (50%).
Virginia Stats & Insights
- Virginia is totaling 344.0 yards per game on offense (104th in the FBS), and rank 43rd on the other side of the ball, yielding 357.5 yards allowed per game.
- Virginia ranks sixth-worst in scoring offense (17.0 points per game), but has been slightly better on defense, ranking 50th with 24.0 points allowed per contest.
- Offensively, Virginia ranks 81st in the FBS with 221.0 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 37th in passing yards allowed per contest (204.4).
- Virginia ranks 102nd in run offense (123.0 rushing yards per game) and 75th in run defense (153.1 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Virginia ranks 17th-worst in third-down conversion rate (32.6%), but has been better on defense, ranking 54th with a 37.0% third-down percentage allowed.
- With 13 forced turnovers (75th in the FBS) against 22 turnovers committed (127th in the FBS), Virginia (-9) owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Virginia’s Best Players
- Brennan Armstrong has thrown for 2,210 yards, completing 54.6% of his passes and collecting seven touchdowns and 12 interceptions this season. He’s also run for 371 yards (37.1 ypg) on 123 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Perris Jones has carried the ball 81 times for 365 yards (36.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Keytaon Thompson has hauled in 53 catches for 579 yards (57.9 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. .
- Dontayvion Wicks has reeled in 30 passes while averaging 43.0 yards per game and scoring two touchdowns.
- Sackett Wood Jr. has been the target of 21 passes and compiled 12 grabs for 165 yards, an average of 16.5 yards per contest..
- Chico Bennett Jr. leads the team with 7.0 sacks, and also has 5.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Nick Jackson is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s totaled 85 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and five sacks.
- Anthony Johnson has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 46 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended to his name.
Coastal Carolina Betting Insights
- So far this year, Coastal Carolina has compiled a 4-6-0 record against the spread.
- In games it has played as at least 2-point underdogs this year, Coastal Carolina is 2-0 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Coastal Carolina’s 10 games with a set total.
Coastal Carolina Stats & Insights
- In terms of total offense, Coastal Carolina ranks 37th in the FBS (431.5 total yards per game) and 95th on the other side of the ball (403.5 total yards allowed per game).
- In terms of points scored Coastal Carolina ranks 45th in the FBS (31.6 points per game), and it is 74th on defense (26.9 points allowed per contest).
- Coastal Carolina has been struggling to stop the pass, ranking 13th-worst with 277.5 passing yards surrendered per game. It has been better on offense, generating 257.6 passing yards per contest (42nd-ranked).
- With 173.9 rushing yards per game on offense, Coastal Carolina ranks 52nd in the FBS. On defense it ranks 36th, giving up 126.0 rushing yards per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, Coastal Carolina is posting a 45.8% third-down conversion rate (26th-ranked). It ranks 86th in the FBS defensively (41.1% third-down rate allowed).
- Coastal Carolina has generated 22 forced turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 12 times, leading to a +10 turnover margin, which ranks seventh-best in the FBS.
Coastal Carolina’s Best Players
- Grayson McCall has compiled 2,314 yards on 68.9% passing while collecting 21 touchdown passes with one interception this season. He’s also run for 165 yards with four scores.
- CJ Beasley has run for 653 yards on 122 carries so far this year while scoring four times on the ground. He’s also added 17 catches, totaling 159 yards and one touchdown in the passing game.
- Reese White has run for 414 yards across 73 carries, scoring four touchdowns.
- Sam Pinckney’s 814 receiving yards (81.4 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 53 receptions on 78 targets with two touchdowns.
- Jared Brown has 40 receptions (on 59 targets) for a total of 702 yards (70.2 yards per game) and five touchdowns this year.
- Tyson Mobley’s 27 receptions (on 35 targets) have netted him 331 yards (33.1 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Adrian Hope paces the team with 4.0 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL, 16 tackles, and one interception.
- JT Killen is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s totaled 40 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- Lance Boykin leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 13 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.