Table of Contents
The 2022 World Cup group stage (Group E) begins for Germany on November 23 at 8:00 AM ET, when it goes head to head against Japan at Khalifa International Stadium.
The three-way moneyline odds for this game are: Germany (-207), draw (+336), Japan (+550). The moneyline implies that Germany has a 67.4% of winning this match.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Germany vs. Japan Match Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, November 23, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 AM ET
- Venue: Khalifa International Stadium
Germany Stats and Trends
- In the World Cup qualifying cycle, Germany delivered 36 goals in 10 matches, and Japan conceded six.
- With a goal differential at +32, Germany was second in UEFA World Cup qualifying play.
- Germany did not make it out of the group stage in the most recent World Cup, in 2018.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Japan Stats and Trends
- Japan ranked first in AFC World Cup qualifying in goals scored (53 overall, 3.3 per match), and Germany was sixth in UEFA World Cup qualifying in goals surrendered (four overall, 0.4 per match).
- In terms of goal differential, Japan was first in AFC World Cup qualifying play (+47).
- Japan’s 2018 World Cup run came to an end in the Round of 16 after being defeated by Belgium.
Germany vs. Japan Players to Watch
- Germany’s Leon Goretzka scored one time and collected six assists in nine World Cup qualifiers.
- In five World Cup qualifiers, Thomas Muller scored three times and added three assists.
- Serge Gnabry contributed five goals as well as one assist during the qualifying cycle.
- Leroy Sane delivered four goals as well as two assists during the qualifying campaign.
- Japan’s most recent World Cup qualifying campaign included Takumi Minamino producing 10 goals with four assists.
- Junya Ito helped spark Japan with six goals and seven assists over the course of 14 matches in the most recent World Cup qualifying campaign.
- Daichi Kamada played in Japan’s most recent World Cup qualifying campaign, and he registered three goals and two assists in eight matches.
- Takuma Asano helped Japan’s cause by scoring three goals and one assist in the last World Cup qualifiers (11 matches).
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Germany vs. Japan
Our prediction to win is Germany.