Table of Contents
One of the best running backs in college football will be on display when Darren Grainger and the Georgia State Panthers (4-7) visit the Marshall Thundering Herd (7-4) on Saturday, November 26, 2022.
The Panthers are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+6), against the Thundering Herd (with an over/under of 46.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Marshall vs. Georgia State
- Game Day: Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Huntington, West Virginia
- Stadium: Joan C. Edwards Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Marshall Betting Insights
- Georgia State’s ATS record is 5-5-1 this year.
- Georgia State is 2-2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 6 points or more this season.
- Georgia State has gone over in five of their 11 games with a set total (45.5%).
Marshall Stats & Insights
- Marshall ranks 60th in total offense this year (398.5 yards per game), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 10th-best in the FBS with 398.5 yards allowed per game.
- Marshall ranks 95th in points scored this season (23.8 points per game), but has been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking seventh-best in the FBS with 15.5 points allowed per game.
- Marshall is totaling 199.5 passing yards per game offensively this year (104th in the FBS), and is giving up 195.0 passing yards per game (27th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Marshall ranks 26th in rushing yards this season (199.0 rushing yards per game), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking sixth-best in the FBS with 91.2 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Marshall ranks 88th in third-down percentage this season (36.7%), but has been playing really well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the FBS with a 21.7% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- Marshall has forced 24 total turnovers (fourth in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 17 times (79th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +7, the 16th-best in college football.
Marshall’s Best Players
- Cam Fancher leads Marshall with 1,242 yards (112.9 ypg) on 102-of-186 passing with six touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He also has 365 rushing yards on 90 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Khalan Laborn has 1,323 rushing yards on 270 carries with 14 touchdowns.
- Corey Gammage’s team-high 659 yards as a receiver have come on 45 catches (out of 62 targets) with five touchdowns.
- Charles Montgomery has put up a 339-yard season so far, hauling in 29 passes on 47 targets.
- Talik Keaton’s 24 catches have turned into 226 yards.
- Owen Porter leads the team with 8.5 sacks, and also has 8.0 TFL, 30 tackles, and one interception.
- Marshall’s tackle leader, Eli Neal, has 48 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception this year.
- Micah Abraham leads the team with five interceptions, while also putting up 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and six passes defended.
Georgia State Betting Insights
- Georgia State has a 5-5-1 record against the spread this season.
- Georgia State is a 2-2-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 6 points or more this season.
- Georgia State games have gone over the point total in five out of 11 opportunities (45.5%).
Georgia State Stats & Insights
- Georgia State is compiling 422.5 total yards per contest on offense this season (42nd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 391.0 total yards per game (80th-ranked).
- Georgia State’s defense has been bottom-25 in scoring defense this season, conceding 31.5 points per game, which ranks 21st-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 52nd with 30.6 points per contest.
- Georgia State’s passing game has been sputtering, ranking 25th-worst in the FBS with 194.5 passing yards per game. It has been better on defense, allowing 230.6 passing yards per contest (76th-ranked).
- Georgia State’s run offense has been thriving, putting up 227.9 rushing yards per game (11th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 81st by giving up 160.4 rushing yards per game.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, Georgia State ranks 54th in the FBS (40.4% third-down conversion rate) and 92nd on defense (41.5% third-down rate allowed).
- At +6, Georgia State owns the 26th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 25 forced turnovers (third in the FBS) and 19 turnovers committed (101st in the FBS).
Georgia State’s Best Players
- Grainger has thrown for 2,140 yards (194.5 ypg) to lead Georgia State, completing 57% of his passes and recording 17 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 731 yards (66.5 ypg) on 146 carries with seven touchdowns.
- Tucker Gregg has run for 684 yards across 161 attempts, scoring 11 touchdowns.
- Jamari Thrash has hauled in 955 receiving yards on 51 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring six touchdowns as a receiver.
- Robert Lewis has put up a 368-yard season so far with six touchdowns. He’s caught 21 passes on 43 targets.
- Ja’Cyais Credle’s 28 catches (on 47 targets) have netted him 361 yards (32.8 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Shamar McCollum has racked up 4.5 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 5.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Jordan Veneziale, Georgia State’s top tackler, has 64 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks this year.
- Quavian White leads the team with four interceptions, while also putting up 21 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and four passes defended.