Table of Contents
Argentina and Mexico go toe to toe at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, November 26 in the middle match of the 2022 World Cup group stage (Group C). Argentina lost its opening group-stage match against Saudi Arabia by a score of 2-1, and Mexico drew with Poland 0-0.
Argentina is -181 to win this group-stage game, Mexico is +530, and the draw is +288. The moneyline implies that Argentina has a 64.4% of winning this match.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Argentina vs. Mexico Match Info
- Game Day: Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Lusail Iconic Stadium
Argentina Stats and Trends
- Argentina has scored one goal in this tournament (1.0 per game), while Mexico has not conceded yet. In World Cup qualifying, Argentina scored 27 goals (1.6 per game) and Mexico gave up eight (0.6 per game).
- Argentina has been outscored 2-1, and its -1 goal differential is No. 12 in the World Cup. (Its goal differential was +19 in World Cup qualifying.)
- Argentina was defeated on November 22 against Saudi Arabia, 2-1. Argentina took 10 more shots in the game, 13 to three.
- Lionel Messi tallied his team’s only goal to lead the squad against Saudi Arabia.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Mexico Stats and Trends
- Mexico has not scored in this tournament. Argentina has allowed two goals (2.0 per game). In World Cup qualifying, Mexico scored 17 goals (1.2 per game) and Argentina gave up eight (0.5 per game).
- Mexico is No. 6 in the World Cup in goal differential at 0 (and was +9 in World Cup qualifying).
- Mexico finished with a 0-0 draw against Poland in its most recent match on November 22. Mexico outshot Poland 15 to seven.
- Hector Moreno had a team-high three shots in the squad’s scoreless effort.
Argentina vs. Mexico Players to Watch
- Argentina’s Lautaro Martinez had seven goals and four assists in World Cup qualifying.
- Messi has one goal in this competition, and had seven goals in World Cup qualifying.
- Argentina’s Rodrigo De Paul had one goal and five assists during the World Cup qualifying campaign.
- During the qualification campaign for the World Cup, Angel Di Maria had three goals and one assist.
- Raul Jimenez had three goals with zero assists for Mexico in World Cup qualifiers.
- In the most recent World Cup qualifying cycle, Orbelin Pineda had one goal and one assist.
- Mexico’s Hirving Lozano had one goal with one assist during the World Cup qualifying campaign.
- During the last World Cup qualifying cycle, Henry Martin scored two goals.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Argentina vs. Mexico
Our prediction to win is Argentina.