Table of Contents
On Tuesday, November 29 at 2:00 PM ET, the United States (2 points) and Iran (3 points) clash for each side’s final match in Group B at the 2022 World Cup.
In terms of the odds, the United States is -111, the draw is +248, and Iran is +314. The moneyline implies that the United States has a 52.6% of winning this game.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
United States vs. Iran Match Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Al-Thumama Stadium
United States Stats and Trends
- With one goal scored in two matches, the United States is 16th in the World Cup. On the other side, Iran has allowed six goals in two matches, 31st in the competition. In World Cup qualifying, the United States scored 20 goals (1.5 per game) and Iran allowed seven (0.4 per game).
- The United States’ goal differential (0) ranks 13th in the World Cup (and its goal differential was +11 in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying).
- In its previous match, the United States drew 0-0 against England, taking 10 shots and outshooting England by three.
- Christian Pulisic took two shots for the goalless United States side versus England.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Iran Stats and Trends
- In the World Cup, Iran has scored four goals in two matches, and the United States has given up one in two matches. In World Cup qualifying, Iran scored 46 goals (2.7 per match) and the United States gave up nine (0.7 per match).
- Iran has been outscored 6-4 in the World Cup, and its -2 goal differential is 26th in the tournament. The team was +39 in AFC World Cup qualifying.
- Iran claimed a 2-0 win over Wales in its most recent match on November 25. Iran outshot Wales 21 to five.
- Ramin Rezaeian and Roozbeh Cheshmi paced Iran with a goal each. They each took one shot.
United States vs. Iran Players to Watch
- The United States’ Tim Weah has one goal (zero assists) in this competition, and had one goal and one assist in World Cup qualifying.
- Pulisic has one assist for the United States in this tournament (zero goals), and had five goals (zero assists) in World Cup qualifying.
- In World Cup qualifying, Antonee Robinson had two goals and three assists.
- The United States’ Brendan Aaronson had two goals and one assist during the World Cup qualifying campaign.
- During the qualification cycle for the World Cup, Sergino Dest had one goal and one assist.
- Sardar Azmoun recorded 10 goals and four assists for Iran in World Cup qualifiers.
- Mehdi Taremi has two goals and one assist in this competition, and he had seven goals and five assists in the World Cup qualifying campaign.
- During the World Cup qualifiers, Karim Ansarifard tallied seven goals and four assists for Iran.
- In the most recent qualification campaign for the World Cup, Alireza Jahanbakhsh tallied five goals and two assists.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win United States vs. Iran
The best pick to win is United States.