Table of Contents
After winning Group G of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, Brazil is slated for a Round of 16 contest against South Korea, who finished second in Group H. The match begins at 2:00 PM ET on December 5 at Stadium 974.
Bookmakers have given Brazil odds of -405 to advance, and South Korea is at +1233. The moneyline says Brazil has a 80.2% chance of winning this match.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Brazil vs. South Korea Match Info
- Game Day: Monday, December 5, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Stadium 974
Brazil Stats and Trends
- Brazil ranks 19th in the World Cup in total goals scored (three overall, 1.0 per game), while South Korea ranks 19th in goals conceded (four overall, 1.3 per game).
- Brazil has outscored opponents three to one, and its +2 goal differential ranks eighth in the World Cup.
- Brazil was beaten on December 2 against Cameroon, 1-0. Brazil took 15 more shots in the match, 21 to six.
- Gabriel Martinelli took four shots for the goalless Brazil side versus Cameroon.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
South Korea Stats and Trends
- After scoring four goals in three matches, South Korea ranks 11th in the World Cup. Brazil has allowed one goal over three matches to rank first in the league.
- South Korea ranks 16th in goal differential in the World Cup (0).
- South Korea secured a 2-1 victory against Portugal in its last game on December 2, while outshooting Portugal 13 to 12.
- Hee-chan Hwang (on one shot) and Kim Young-Gwon (on one shot) scored a goal each for South Korea.
Brazil vs. South Korea Players to Watch
- In three matches in the World Cup for Brazil, Richarlison has two goals.
- Rodrygo has one assist (no goals) for Brazil in the World Cup.
- In three matches in the World Cup, Brazil’s Casemiro has scored one goal.
- In the World Cup, Brazil’s Vinicius Junior has one assist (ninth in the 2022 World Cup) in three matches.
- Jo Gue-Sung has two goals (sixth in the 2022 World Cup) through three matches for South Korea in World Cup play.
- In World Cup play (three appearances), Kang In Lee has one assist (ninth in World Cup play) for South Korea.
- Hwang has added one goal for South Korea in the World Cup (three matches).
- Heung Min Son’s three World Cup appearances for South Korea have returned one assist.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Brazil vs. South Korea
Our prediction to win is Brazil.