Table of Contents
The No. 20 Michigan State Spartans (5-3, 0-0 Big Ten) are at home in Big Ten action against the Northwestern Wildcats (5-2, 0-0 Big Ten) on Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The Spartans are favored by 6.5 points in the game. The matchup has a point total of 125.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Wildcats
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Arena: Jack Breslin Students Events Center
Michigan State Betting Stats & Information
- Michigan State is 4-2 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7%).
- The Spartans have not played a game with moneyline odds of -310 or shorter.
- The Spartans are 3-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats are 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- The average point total for Michigan State’s games this season is 16.3 more points than the total of 125.5 in this matchup.
Northwestern Betting Stats & Info
- Northwestern lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- The Wildcats have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +248.
- So far this year, the Wildcats have put together a 4-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Wildcats are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this year.
- The average total in Northwestern’s games this season is 4.6 fewer points than the point total of 125.5 for this outing.
Michigan State vs. Northwestern Season Stat Comparison
|Michigan State Rank||Michigan State AVG||Northwestern AVG||Northwestern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Michigan State Spartans Leaders
- The Spartans scoring leader is Tyson Walker, who averages 15.1 per contest to go with 3.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists.
- Michigan State’s leading rebounder is Joey Hauser averaging 6.6 boards per game and its best passer is A.J Hoggard and his 6.1 assists per game.
- Hauser makes more threes per game than any other member of the Spartans, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
Northwestern Wildcats Leaders
- Boo Buie’s points (12.9 per game) and assists (4.4 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Wildcats’ leaderboards.
- Robbie Beran is at the top of the Northwestern rebounding leaderboard with 6.6 rebounds per game. He also racks up 10.1 points and adds 0.6 assists per game.
- Buie is the top shooter from distance for the Wildcats, hitting two threes per game.