Table of Contents
The No. 18 North Carolina Tar Heels (5-3, 0-0 ACC) are only 1-point underdogs as they look to break a three-game road slide when they square off against the Virginia Tech Hokies (7-1, 0-0 ACC) on Sunday, December 4, 2022 at Cassell Coliseum. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hokies vs. Tar Heels
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Arena: Cassell Coliseum
Virginia Tech Betting Stats & Information
- Virginia Tech has compiled a 6-1 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 85.7% of those games).
- The Hokies have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -114 or shorter.
- The Hokies have a 3-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels are winless against the spread (0-2) when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- The average point total in Virginia Tech’s games this season is 2.5 fewer points than the total of 143.5 in this matchup.
North Carolina Betting Stats & Info
- North Carolina has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Tar Heels have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the -106 odds on them winning this game.
- The Tar Heels have covered the spread once in eight opportunities this year.
- The Tar Heels are 0-2 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this year.
- North Carolina’s games this season have averaged a total of 155.8 points, 12.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Tech Rank||Virginia Tech AVG||North Carolina AVG||North Carolina Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Tech Hokies Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Hokies is Sean Pedulla, who scores 17.1 points and distributes four assists per game.
- Justyn Mutts leads Virginia Tech in rebounding, grabbing nine rebounds per game while also scoring 12.6 points a contest.
- Grant Basile leads the Hokies in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
North Carolina Tar Heels Leaders
- Caleb Love averages 19.1 points and adds 3.1 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Tar Heels’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Armando Bacot grabs 11.1 rebounds per game (he also scores 16.1 points per game and adds one assist per game) which puts him at the top of the North Carolina rebounding leaderboard.
- Love is consistent from three-point range and leads the Tar Heels with 1.8 made threes per game.