The Alabama Crimson Tide and the Kansas State Wildcats will play in the Sugar Bowl. The bowl matchup is December 31, 2022, starting at 12:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN.
The Wildcats are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4.5), versus the Crimson Tide (with an over/under of 54.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Alabama vs. Kansas State
- Game Day: Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Alabama Betting Insights
- Kansas State has gone 10-3-0 ATS this year.
- Kansas State is a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 4.5 points or more this season.
- Six of Kansas State’s 13 games with a set total have hit the over (46.2%).
Alabama Stats & Insights
- Alabama has been making things happen on both sides of the ball this season, ranking 13th-best in total offense (475.7 yards per game) and 15th-best in total defense (311.3 yards allowed per game).
- Alabama has been finding success on both sides of the ball, ranking fourth-best in scoring offense (40.8 points per game) and ninth-best in scoring defense (18.0 points allowed per game).
- Alabama has been firing on all cylinders in the passing game this year, ranking 23rd-best in passing (278.3 passing yards per game) and 17th-best in passing defense (186.0 passing yards allowed per game).
- Alabama ranks 29th in run offense (197.4 rushing yards per game) and 33rd in run defense (125.3 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Alabama has been firing on all cylinders on third down this season, owning the 19th-best mark in third-down percentage (46.7%) and eighth-best in third-down defense (29.4% third-down percentage allowed).
- With 12 forced turnovers (106th in the FBS) against 16 turnovers committed (59th in the FBS), Alabama’s -4-4 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
Alabama’s Best Players
- Bryce Young has thrown for 3,007 yards (273.4 ypg) to lead Alabama, completing 64.1% of his passes and tossing 27 touchdown passes compared to five interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 195 rushing yards on 46 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Jahmyr Gibbs, has carried the ball 136 times for 850 yards (77.3 per game) and seven touchdowns. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 378 receiving yards on 42 catches with three touchdowns through the air.
- Jase McClellan has carried the ball 105 times for 613 yards (51.1 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Ja’Corey Brooks’ team-high 623 yards as a receiver have come on 37 receptions (out of zero targets) with seven touchdowns.
- Jermaine Burton has caught 37 passes for 590 yards (49.2 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- Will Anderson Jr. has collected eight sacks to lead the team, while also recording 14 TFL, 46 tackles, and one interception.
- DeMarcco Hellams has 86 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and one interception, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Kansas State Betting Insights
- Kansas State has a 10-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- When it has played as at least 4.5-point underdogs this season, Kansas State is 1-0 against the spread.
- Kansas State has gone over in six of their 13 games with a set total (46.2%).
Kansas State Stats & Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, Kansas State is generating 420.2 total yards per contest (42nd-ranked). It ranks 54th in the FBS defensively (365.8 total yards given up per game).
- Kansas State has been dominant on defense, allowing just 20.1 points per contest (17th-best). Offensively, it ranks 33rd by piling up 33.2 points per game.
- From an offensive angle, Kansas State is generating 210.5 passing yards per game (90th-ranked). It ranks 56th in the FBS on defense (216.9 passing yards surrendered per game).
- Kansas State’s rushing attack has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 17th-best in the FBS with 209.6 rushing yards per game. In terms of defense, it is giving up 148.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks 64th.
- Kansas State’s defense has been excelling on third down, allowing a 33.7% third-down conversion percentage (25th-best). Offensively, it ranks 72nd in the FBS with a 39.0% third-down rate.
- Kansas State has fared really well in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +14 ranks second-best in the FBS, with 24 forced turnovers (sixth in the nation) and 10 turnovers committed (ninth in the nation).
Kansas State’s Best Players
- Will Howard has thrown for 1,423 yards (237.2 yards per game) while completing 61.6% of his passes and recording 15 touchdown passes with two interceptions this season.
- Deuce Vaughn has carried the ball 271 times for 1,425 yards, with eight touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 42 catches for 378 yards and three touchdowns.
- Adrian Martinez has taken 109 carries and totaled 615 yards with 10 touchdowns.
- Malik Knowles has registered 47 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 719 (55.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted zero times and has two touchdowns.
- Phillip Brooks III has put up a 543-yard season so far with four touchdowns. He’s caught 41 passes on zero targets.
- Kade Warner’s zero targets have resulted in 41 catches for 408 yards and five touchdowns.
- Felix Anudike has collected seven sacks to pace the team, while also recording nine TFL and 41 tackles.
- Austin Moore is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s amassed 77 tackles, seven TFL, and one interception.
- Julius Brents has a team-leading four interceptions to go along with 46 tackles, two TFL, and three passes defended.